DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Topaz Sharpen AI sale

Maviac

Reactions
I just got an email from them putting Sharpen (now with batch processing!) on sale for $20 off the regular price ($60 v. $80). As I’ve posted before, I’ve used their products before with fairly mixed results; I decided not to buy after the trial month (figured maybe I’d try it again when they developed it more) but since I’m stuck at home for a while and my business sector is mostly shut down, I’ve got some free time to tinker and may go for it. I’ve got no connection to the company, just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested. There is no discount code, but there may be an additional discount with code if anyone wants to PM me for it.

I was more impressed with DeNoise but there doesn't seem to be a sale on that and the Sharpen code didn't work when I tried it.

(And if I’m not supposed to be posting stuff like this I won’t be offended if it’s deleted. Just thought some folks may be interested).

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
I was shocked one day a few months ago when I got an email from Topaz telling me they giving me SharpenAI and NoiseAI for free because I had bought some of their earlier products. I was also skeptical but did download them thinking at best they were trial versions. But they are the full versions and I'm getting all the updates. I happen to think they are both really great products and use them often for all my photography. I get much better results with them than with my crude understanding of PS.

So as an update, I did go ahead and pick this up. I've played around with it over the weekend, and I've changed my mind about being unimpressed. It's still a little uneven, but when it works well, the results are fairly incredible. It does as good a job at removing noise as anything in PS, and the sharpening is also amazing. I have not tried it with any drone shots yet, which tend to be a little "busier" and may throw off the AI more, but with some older pictures that I already thought were great, the results ranges from "that's a lot better" to "stunning."

Edit: I’m still not sure how the different models work. “Stabilize” seemed to work better than “focus” at doing basic sharpening, as well as removing noise, so until I can get a handle on the benefits of the other modes I’ll probably stick with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman