DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Toronto Mavic Owner: where can I fly?

I would also like to know where to fly drone in GTA especially north of markham.
Hello there I’m from Markham too better get app that can guide you,personally I used UAV Forecast it will tell you some restrictions at least give you an idea ,I usually go to Scarborough & Port Union area you got a clear view of the sky,enjoy

Can you pm me pls,where are those spots I’m from Markham bought my mavic 2 weeks now never tried it yet,so can you tell me where you fly please,thanks
Kabayan, I am planning to get a drone. Where in Scarborough & Port Union? Do you fly with other drone enthusiasts?

I used UAV forecast,Scarborough is the best place to be PM me if you want,this app is pretty straight forward,Im from Markham dont have a good clear view of the sky but I fly in low altitude in case...

Reactions: eagle1
Kabayan, I am planning to get a drone. Where in Scarborough & Port Union? Do you fly with other drone enthusiasts?

Kabayan just download uav forecast,the app will guide you where to fly your drone I’m still newbie here,then if you want ,you can read some posting from Transport Canada for rules & regulations at least you got an idea.....be safe & enjoy flying

Hey sorry to dip in the thread, I'm planning on biking and flying this weekend maybe a quiet scenic spot outside of Toronto. I live in the Brampton area if anyone is around that area. Add me on IG @futurefilmuk and we can arrange a few flights!
Hi IG, can you send coordinates in google maps where it is safe to fly in Brampton? really getting tired flying inside the house :)

Hey sorry to dip in the thread, I'm planning on biking and flying this weekend maybe a quiet scenic spot outside of Toronto. I live in the Brampton area if anyone is around that area. Add me on IG @futurefilmuk and we can arrange a few flights!

I’m from Markham bro,any good spot in Brampton?

Hi IG, can you send coordinates in google maps where it is safe to fly in Brampton? really getting tired flying inside the house :)

Hey sorry, I meant are you on Instagram? My Instagram account handle is @futurefilmuk PM me and we can talk about flying, locations etc. I don't want to publicly post flying locations unless people want to actually fly with me.

Last edited:
If you change the settings on the UAV app to 5.9 km for airports and 1.9 for helicopters then there are some spots you can fly

If you change the settings on the UAV app to 5.9 km for airports and 1.9 for helicopters then there are some spots you can fly
Yes, once you get certified in some as-yet-undefined way, AND get liability insurance

Yes, once you get certified in some as-yet-undefined way, AND get liability insurance

I don't see anywhere that says you need insurance. But anyways for sure you don't need it when the new law takes effect June 1st

I read it, now I can't find it. It'll pop up again I'm sure. It said the insurance thing would start June 1st and was liability only*. I noticed major insurers just started offering it. I don't fly in Canada anymore -- stick to the USA where the flying climate is easier. But I realize that it's not always easy for others -- I live on the border, and most of my work comes out of the USA.

Plus, I have the old commercial rating, and the system is actually harder on us, even if we're flying simply for pleasure. Hopefully all this will be a streamlining process -- the current process for a SFOC is really a nightmare, and way too much work to make it a viable business unless you have contracts in hand. I'm qualified for a blanket now, but it's still too restrictive on top of dealing with the DJI drone police and towers at secondary aerodromes who try to hold you for ransom.

Perhaps they'll start policing the GA flyers that fly below the 1000' hard deck outside of airports? Honestly, I've had my drone at 300' up north of Orangeville, and have had to get out of the way of more than one C172. There are lots of rule breakers in every part of aviation.

M

*could have just been a lazy reporter. The press is not noted for being good on details/truth when it comes to drones.

I don't see anywhere that says you need insurance. But anyways for sure you don't need it when the new law takes effect June 1st
I read it, now I can't find it. It'll pop up again I'm sure. It said the insurance thing would start June 1st and was liability only*. I noticed major insurers just started offering it. I don't fly in Canada anymore -- stick to the USA where the flying climate is easier. But I realize that it's not always easy for others -- I live on the border, and most of my work comes out of the USA.

Plus, I have the old commercial rating, and the system is actually harder on us, even if we're flying simply for pleasure. Hopefully all this will be a streamlining process -- the current process for a SFOC is really a nightmare, and way too much work to make it a viable business unless you have contracts in hand. I'm qualified for a blanket now, but it's still too restrictive on top of dealing with the DJI drone police and towers at secondary aerodromes who try to hold you for ransom.

Perhaps they'll start policing the GA flyers that fly below the 1000' hard deck outside of airports? Honestly, I've had my drone at 300' up north of Orangeville, and have had to get out of the way of more than one C172. There are lots of rule breakers in every part of aviation.

M

*could have just been a lazy reporter. The press is not noted for being good on details/truth when it comes to drones.

It says it is recommended. Not required. It's on the TC site where the new rules are near the bottom of the page.

If you are in a business then probably you need but I fly jsur for fun so it's not needed.

I used UAV forecast,Scarborough is the best place to be PM me if you want,this app is pretty straight forward,Im from Markham dont have a good clear view of the sky but I fly in low altitude in case...

Heading out to Montreal soon, and wanna have some drone shots from TO.
So going to Scarb. is safe? - I am close to Downtown atm.
First I thought maybe TO Island would be good to get some shots.

Heading out to Montreal soon, and wanna have some drone shots from TO.
So going to Scarb. is safe? - I am close to Downtown atm.
First I thought maybe TO Island would be good to get some shots.

can't fly at Toronto Islands. it's a NFZ, also too close to downtown airport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan