DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tough cookie

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was returning my drone home after burning down my batteries prior to a flight and went zipping across the sky in Sport mode to get my well charged batteries down. Flying back toward my landing spot my Mav3 got in line with the sun and I messed up and flew it at a pretty high speed into a 100ft spruce tree. The Mav cut off two branches, one of them was about the width of finger and about 5 feet long. I saw it collide and waited for the crash but the darn thing never hit the ground, just shuttered and remained aloft. I got a message that I had crashed and an alert that I should replace my props, all before I had even landed. I checked the props carefully and they were all just fine except one had just the tiniest nick. I decided not to replace them…then changed my mind and removed the nicked prop. I could absolutely NOT get a new prop to fit into the arm. Upon inspection I saw that one of the three inserts on the prop had broken inside the slot the prop is inserted into. I was able to easily remove it and insert the new prop. I replace two others and realized I didn’t have four new props (since ordered). I know plenty of people trash their drone but this is my third crash with very little problem (one with my FPV that crashed in mid-air with another FPV and neither fell out of the sky) so I’m pretty impressed and pretty lucky. I mention this in particular because I almost failed to inspect my props, only looking at the outside and now know the insert tabs are a potential problem point that should be checked after any encounter with something other than air. :)

I was returning my drone home after burning down my batteries prior to a flight and went zipping across the sky in Sport mode to get my well charged batteries down. Flying back toward my landing spot my Mav3 got in line with the sun and I messed up and flew it at a pretty high speed into a 100ft spruce tree. The Mav cut off two branches, one of them was about the width of finger and about 5 feet long. I saw it collide and waited for the crash but the darn thing never hit the ground, just shuttered and remained aloft. I got a message that I had crashed and an alert that I should replace my props, all before I had even landed. I checked the props carefully and they were all just fine except one had just the tiniest nick. I decided not to replace them…then changed my mind and removed the nicked prop. I could absolutely NOT get a new prop to fit into the arm. Upon inspection I saw that one of the three inserts on the prop had broken inside the slot the prop is inserted into. I was able to easily remove it and insert the new prop. I replace two others and realized I didn’t have four new props (since ordered). I know plenty of people trash their drone but this is my third crash with very little problem (one with my FPV that crashed in mid-air with another FPV and neither fell out of the sky) so I’m pretty impressed and pretty lucky. I mention this in particular because I almost failed to inspect my props, only looking at the outside and now know the insert tabs are a potential problem point that should be checked after any encounter with something other than air. :)
Lucky man ,any crash you can walk away from or that a landing ,oh well you done good

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk