DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE Town Reel for Ancaster, Ontario

rjwmorrell

Reactions
Finally happy with the edits for this reel of B Roll showcasing some highlights around the village of Ancaster, part of Hamilton, Ontario. Just under 2 minutes long, it was filmed in 2.7K and 1080p on a Mini SE due to the entire town being in Class C airspace, meaning no Air 2S.

Enjoy!

Is it all Class C because of the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport so close to the town center? Anyways, good video. I especially liked the shot of the roundabout. Strange music.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Is it all Class C because of the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport so close to the town center? Anyways, good video. I especially liked the shot of the roundabout. Strange music.
That's right, the YHM airport is not far away, and most of Ancaster falls within the control area, despite being far away from the actual airport. The Nav Canada Drone app gives the airspace classes, and all you do is plug in what drone you are planning to fly and where, and it will give you a green check mark if you're ok to fly.

The music was from Filmora's library, it was not my favorite.

Finally happy with the edits for this reel of B Roll showcasing some highlights around the village of Ancaster, part of Hamilton, Ontario. Just under 2 minutes long, it was filmed in 2.7K and 1080p on a Mini SE due to the entire town being in Class C airspace, meaning no Air 2S.

Enjoy!

For a mix of 2.7K and 1080p, that cut together nicely. You have some nice shots there. If you're wanting feedback, I'd start with the lift reveal and lose the downward shot immediately ahead of it. And, that music does not suit a town pitch reel at all. It's dark and has a scary/horror/vampy/thriller vibe to it. On a town reel, I'd also like to see people...residents enjoying the town. But, overall, you did a great job! Well done. Thanks for posting it.

I have a couple new comments on this video... overall, I like it. Take Shayne's advice on the opening shots but I say move the shot going down to the end. Your ending shot is uninspiring. Honestly, just change the music. It's too weird for such a nice looking town. Lastly, add a little shadow to the text elements. It always makes them standout and easier to read. In the future, you could even add more to this as you shoot more aerial video in/of the town.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77