DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Track Pad Getting Very HOT

Trisch

Reactions
Newbie here. The track pad on my BT-300's is getting very hot after a very short time in use flying my Mavic Air. Any suggestions?

Only use the necessary apps. Your track pad is above the processor, which gets hot when it's used for high-intensity tasks.

Reactions: ksmusa
Only use the necessary apps. Your track pad is above the processor, which gets hot when it's used for high-intensity tasks.
Appreciate the thoughts. The only app on the unit right now is the DJIGo4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Will give that a try tomorrow.

I ended up returning the BT-300's. Every time I tried to fly, I could barely hold the track pad. I am hoping to purchase another set in a month or so and see if things are any different. Thanks for asking.

That totally sucks about the heat. I know quite a few guys are complaining about the heat. I've loaded an app called AMPERE, it puts a small display on top of the DJI GO screen that allow me to monitor the temperature of the BT's. As a bonus it gives me the BT's battery charge condition. The small display appears at an awkward location when first loaded but can be moved. At temperatures around 46-47 degrees C, Ampere detects an internal OVER HEAT error. The BT's will stop charging at that point to prevent a battery meltdown. However the CPU is still generating some heat and if allowed to go too long the BT's will shutdown completely. Today it was 20 degrees C (68F) outside and after about 15 minutes of flying the BT's battery temperature was 40 degrees C. I could have continued but it was very windy and I was not having any fun with all the wind so I landed. I can generally fly for approximately 30 minutes before the temperature gets too hot. I do not go beyond 44 degrees or so. I do not a total shutdown as some have reported. In a warmer climate the flight time will be reduced. I have written to Epson and provided several possible solutions but not much success with them yet. I'm sure with all the returns they will come up with a fix.

Reactions: Trisch
That totally sucks about the heat. I know quite a few guys are complaining about the heat. I've loaded an app called AMPERE, it puts a small display on top of the DJI GO screen that allow me to monitor the temperature of the BT's. As a bonus it gives me the BT's battery charge condition. The small display appears at an awkward location when first loaded but can be moved. At temperatures around 46-47 degrees C, Ampere detects an internal OVER HEAT error. The BT's will stop charging at that point to prevent a battery meltdown. However the CPU is still generating some heat and if allowed to go too long the BT's will shutdown completely. Today it was 20 degrees C (68F) outside and after about 15 minutes of flying the BT's battery temperature was 40 degrees C. I could have continued but it was very windy and I was not having any fun with all the wind so I landed. I can generally fly for approximately 30 minutes before the temperature gets too hot. I do not go beyond 44 degrees or so. I do not a total shutdown as some have reported. In a warmer climate the flight time will be reduced. I have written to Epson and provided several possible solutions but not much success with them yet. I'm sure with all the returns they will come up with a fix.

Is AMPERE available in the Moverio App Store, or did you have to side load it. Also, I've tried to figure it out but I have to ask, what is the BT? Thanks.

Dave101 turned me on to AMPERE. We got it off of APKpure. Very easy to sideload. You must install APKpure first.

I ended up returning the BT-300's. Every time I tried to fly, I could barely hold the track pad. I am hoping to purchase another set in a month or so and see if things are any different. Thanks for asking.

Get a holder for the Moverios that way you don't have to hold it. The controller/trackpad will get WARM. Install and earlier version of the Go app (the controller does not have the fastest processor out there!) The later versions of the app are sooo resource hungry...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard