DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Settings?

Droner56

Reactions
Hi All, I'm a newbie here and recently purchased both the Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro. A few newbie questions (pardon the newbie-ness!):

1. Does the RC2 and Fly App save all settings made once it's turned off?
2. If I change settings in the Fly App for one drone, will the same settings apply for the other drone?
3. Do the C1 and C2 buttons on the backside of the RC2 controller come pre-programmed for any function when it is used for the very first time?

Thanks

Reactions: 4006448
Welcome to the Forum from Bakersfield !
1. Yes
2. No
3. If memory serves ( I have Changed mine) When the RC-N1 shipped they were programmed- one will tilt the camera fully and the other will toggle map view --not 100% on this one -You can change them in Advanced settings!

Does the RC2 and Fly App save all settings made once it's turned off?
All settings are saved at the time they are set. Some settings are stored on the RC2. Most settings are stored on the drone.

If I change settings in the Fly App for one drone, will the same settings apply for the other drone?
The same settings will only apply for those that are not stored on the drone.

So, say, if I set the max altitude in the Fly App for one drone, it will be saved when the controller is turned off? And apply to both drones? Same with setting "Bypass" for one drone?

if I set the max altitude in the Fly App for one drone, it will be saved when the controller is turned off? And apply to both drones? Same with setting "Bypass" for one drone?
No. Both of those settings are stored on the drone.

An example of a DJI Fly setting that would be shared between drones would be whether or not you're syncing your flight logs to the DJI Cloud.

Reactions: Cafguy
No. Both of those settings are stored on the drone.

An example of a DJI Fly setting that would be shared between drones would be whether or not you're syncing your flight logs to the DJI Cloud.
I see, thanks much! Sounds like I'll need to start some checking and saving of settings..

One thing not mentioned so far is that firmware upgrades can occasionally reset quite a few parameters in your settings menus regardless of which drone. Before you put either of your drones in the air after an update cycle, check all settings sub-menus to see if every feature you have altered hasn't been reset to default.

One thing not mentioned so far is that firmware upgrades can occasionally reset quite a few parameters in your settings menus regardless of which drone. Before you put either of your drones in the air after an update cycle, check all settings sub-menus to see if every feature you have altered hasn't been reset to default.
I see. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
The release notes sometimes mention that. For example:

1705166265231.png

Took the Air 3 out today for only it's second run. I flew it over a hill (perhaps naively?) and down the other side and was surprised to get a message that I had lost connection to my controller, lol. RTH worked flawlessly though, despite the fact it got awfully close to the top of ridge on the trajectory back. So, if I set the maximum height to say, 300', that's 300' from the home point, not 300' above sea level, correct?

Last edited:
that's 300' from the home point, not to above sea level, correct?
No. It's 300 feet over top of the takeoff point.

And the home point could of course be at the takeoff point too if you wait until the home point is set before taking off. However, it's possible to take off before setting the home point and the home point can be set to another location after taking off.

Last edited:
pre programed buttons are gimble all the way up or down and the other gimble horizontal or vertical

Took the Air 3 out today for only it's second run. I flew it over a hill (perhaps naively?)
Since you said "naively", I'm going to guess you didn't take the The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). TRUST is required in order to fly a drone recreationally in the U.S. That will help you understand the rules. You also don't mention if you registered your drones. You need to do that too if you haven't.

Take the TRUST here: FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute

Register your drone here: FAADroneZone

Last edited:
You’ve got two really nice drones there. You might want to think about flying them in an open, level field until you develop your skills. Also, it is the law to keep them in sight (VLOS). You will learn more about this when you take your TRUST course. It’s interesting and you can’t fail it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Since you said "naively", I'm going to guess you didn't take the The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). TRUST is required in order to fly a drone recreationally in the U.S. That will help you understand the rules. You also don't mention if you registered your drones. You need to do that too if you haven't.

Take the TRUST here: FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute

Register your drone here: FAADroneZone
"Stupidly" may have been more accurate than "naively" becauseI did the take the TRUST and also registered my drones. I won't make the same mistake. I thought I did have it in sight btw, until it dropped down over the ridge line. Won't be happening again, and I learned from my mistake.
If I set the RTH altitude to say, 250', and there's something (say, a tree?) over the drone when I push RTH button, will the drones hit the object above? or sense it, and know not to hit it?

Reactions: Vic Moss
does not have OA on top so probably will hit
From the link the previous poster included, the Air 3 has the same sensors as the Mavic 3 series (front, back, sides, top, bottom). The Mini 4 Pro isn't mentioned in that list, but my guess is it has the same sensor arrangement as well. Doesn't that mean that they both have OA on top? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Cafguy
The Mini 4 Pro isn't mentioned in that list, but my guess is it has the same sensor arrangement as well. Doesn't that mean that they both have OA on top? Or am I missing something?
I would think it does
looking at a pic I notice the two sensors mounted on the Front aimed up and towards the back.
1705328879888.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N