DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking & beyond line of sight filming

yes....I use that frequently....better than RTH; you have control of the ship.

I often lose VLOS; look down to change settings, look up into bright blue sky.... gone. I use RTH to get it moving towards me so I can spot it. I was thinking a red skin would help. I’m curious if the strobes attract birds?

Reactions: deleted member 877
I use rth and the map which are both easy.
My m2z disconnects regularly and randomly compared to phantom... so I'm used to looking at the sky waiting for it to return... so far 100 % return. And I'm talking about disconnects within 300m.
Last few flights I've turned phone to flight mode and had no disconnect. Not Flying beyond sight is limiting for pictures etc... so does a red skin assist?

. Not Flying beyond sight is limiting for pictures etc... so does a red skin assist?
A friend of mine had red prop guards and they were really great for visability. They are just super annoying to put on/take off and she always left her drone fully set up in the back of her car, rather than putting it away. I wasn't keen on that so i didn't bother getting them.
That's why I was wondering if making the whole drone red it would be helpful. But it does make me wonder if birds will attack a red "bird" more than a grey one, also curious if they'll be attracted by the strobe.

Oh God. Always the drone police who crawl out of their rocks. I fly BVLOS almost exclusively. Last week I flew out 8400m/5.2 miles. Landed it at 1% battery. The product is literally marketed to fly up to 5 miles.

I also have altitude restrictions removed on my P4P and am testing altitude removal on my M2. I consistently fly 5000ft up with the M2. I’ve taken the P4P up past 10000ft. At night.

I just use Flightradar24 for high altitude flights. And as for BVLOS- you have an RTH button. It works.
So- to all the drone police there, have fun amongst yourselves.

Oh God. Always the drone police who crawl out of their rocks. I fly BVLOS almost exclusively. Last week I flew out 8400m/5.2 miles. Landed it at 1% battery. The product is literally marketed to fly up to 5 miles.

I also have altitude restrictions removed on my P4P and am testing altitude removal on my M2. I consistently fly 5000ft up with the M2. I’ve taken the P4P up past 10000ft. At night.

I just use Flightradar24 for high altitude flights. And as for BVLOS- you have an RTH button. It works.
So- to all the drone police there, have fun amongst yourselves.

You are the classic example of exactly why the regulations are being tightened and rightfully so. Just remember at some point your luck is likely to run out . . . .

You do know FlightRadar is less than 50% accurate in the US?? A large # of aircraft aren't being tracked and aren't broadcasting their location but don't let that be an area of concern for the renegades among us.

You are the classic example of exactly why the regulations are being tightened and rightfully so. Just remember at some point your luck is likely to run out . . . .

You do know FlightRadar is less than 50% accurate in the US?? A large # of aircraft aren't being tracked and aren't broadcasting their location but don't let that be an area of concern for the renegades among us.

Please cite the evidence for Flightradar24 being less than 50% accurate. Also, do you know the odds of hitting anything? It has been studied. It’s somewhere around winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. So I don’t need luck. I have something better- statistics.

Take your drone police attitude elsewhere. The product is literally marketed to go 5 miles. And it literally, even while not unlocked, goes 1640ft up.

People like me remove garbage NFZs that don’t need to be there, unlock speed parameters and RC power output parameters, remove altitude limits, and shoot for the moon.

Now, if you want to fly your toy around your backyard and not push the limits like pioneers like me, go for it. But stfu when others want to push the limits, Colonel Klink.

Please cite the evidence for Flightradar24 being less than 50% accurate. Also, do you know the odds of hitting anything? It has been studied. It’s somewhere around winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. So I don’t need luck. I have something better- statistics.

Take your drone police attitude elsewhere. The product is literally marketed to go 5 miles. And it literally, even while not unlocked, goes 1640ft up.

Now, if you want to fly your toy around your backyard and not push the limits like pioneers like me, go for it. But stfu when others want to push the limits, Colonel Klink.

You obviously have no idea of what you're talking about. I'll post some "support" links but in the mean time you have a PM coming your way.

Reactions: dirkclod
Wonderful. A PM won’t stop me from pushing limits. Or others.

You pushed the Community Guidelines not drone parameters.

Sorry to everyone else in this thread.

Please cite the evidence for Flightradar24 being less than 50% accurate.

Depending on location etc there could be a delay of several minutes.

If you happen to be in Europe your odds are greatly increased but in the US of A those numbers are significantly diminished.
Flightradar24 - Wikipedia

Just a portion:
Currently, about 65% of aircraft in Europe are equipped with ADS-B but only 35% in the US.

Here's a great link on FlightRadar24 with most likely more current information than my other link above:
How it works - Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Reactions: Filipok
you're a "pioneer"???? hahaha, of what exactly? what a lofty title you have given yourself, grandiosity is not a good trait in a pilot. I don't mind if you are pushing the limits in a very safe environment, but your tone suggests you have little care for others, so I suspect not. Good luck to you.

I don't get that reference, Klink often broke rules, unwittingly, unwillingly, hilariously.

I think (not totally sure) the guy was simply supporting the other guy who boasted about how he deliberately breaks the law and/or the FAA regulations and is proud of it, and also has an issue with the so-called "drone police" who only want to save the recreational drone flying community from being obliterated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada