DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trade in the MP2 for a MA2 AND a MIni 2?

Newbie Flyer

Reactions
Hey everyone,

A little background info first:

I am a high school teacher who has some down time in the summer where I do odd jobs (tutoring mostly) for extra income .

Ive had my M2P now for a few months and I absolutely love it! Ideally, I’d like to turn my hobby into a money-making activity - I’m thinking real estate mostly. I am studying up for my part 107 license on my own, but I will probably take an online class as well.

However, I’m not sure I will ever become expert enough to make use of all the MP2’s capabilities, and in addition to using a drone for income, I plan to spend time shooting scenery in Maine, NH, Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach, and anywhere else I might travel.

So now my dilemma: I could potentially have two drones for the cost of one. I could have the Mini 2 for my hiking and personal adventures (with its extremely useful small size), and the MA2 for potential work and easy transport situations.

Again, I have no qualms with my MP2 - it’s an absolute joy to fly! But, it is slightly bulky and I can already see the benefits of having the other two come summertime , when I will be hiking to some of my favorite places.

While I do aspire to have the most professional videos and pictures some day, I know it’s gonna be awhile before I get there. So I’m looking to get some thoughts on this.

Thanks all, and happy flying!!

Keep the M2P, if you want to use the drone for realestate and landscape, the 1in sensor is much better quality for photos and video as customers usually want the highest resolution imaging.

I'd probably go for a M2P and MM2 combination instead.

Yes, what Iannes said... basically if you want quality, stay with what you have. If you want a little of this and a little of that, go with the pair of drones.... OR (and this would be my choice) save your pennies and just buy a MM when you can! :)

Got a M1 and say a M2 and a M2P. Thought I would like the Mini
but after using it wish I had waited.

Hey everyone,

I am a high school teacher who has some down time in the summer where I do odd jobs (tutoring mostly) for extra income .

Ive had my M2P now for a few months and I absolutely love it! Ideally, I’d like to turn my hobby into a money-making activity - I’m thinking real estate mostly. I am studying up for my part 107 license on my own, but I will probably take an online class as well.

So that Air 2 is small enough for a casual hike , so get that first and see if it does not serve all your Purposes and still surprise you with its 48 MP pre stitched pictures. You may save yourself the cash on Mini 2 with such a great investment as the Air 2..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2/ Mini 2 in the Rain / Snow and land on Water.

I have an MA2 and a Mini 2 - the MA2 was my first drone & I purchased the Mini 2 for bikepacking and backpacking where I thought the smaller size an USB 3 charging would be beneficial. I had taken the MA2 on several single day hikes and bike rides.

Now that I've flown the Mini 2 and used it's camera, I realize that for my use it's primary advantage is USB 3 charging on multi-day trips. It's camera is no comparison (in my opinion) to the MA2 and it's flight is not as stable. While the drone and batteries are definitely smaller, the controller is the same size so the total package is not as much smaller as I thought it would be. I'll probably go back to carrying the MA2 on single day trips and basically use the Mini 2 for multi-day trips.

Ironically, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have added the M2P to the hanger rather than the Mini 2 as I'm always looking for better quality imagery. So I I was in your position I'd keep the MA2Pro (as others have mentioned). If you want to add a Mini 2 or an MA2 think about what is most important - remote charging when you carry everything, a moderately smaller package, or image quality that won't leave you wishing you'd found a way to bring along the MA2Pro.

Howard

Reactions: Newbie Flyer
Hey everyone,

However, I’m not sure I will ever become expert enough to make use of all the MP2’s capabilities, and in addition to using a drone for income, I plan to spend time shooting scenery in Maine, NH, Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach, and anywhere else I might travel.

So now my dilemma: I could potentially have two drones for the cost of one. I could have the Mini 2 for my hiking and personal adventures (with its extremely useful small size), and the MA2 for potential work and easy transport situations.

Again, I have no qualms with my MP2 - it’s an absolute joy to fly! But, it is slightly bulky and I can already see the benefits of having the other two come summertime , when I will be hiking to some of my favorite places.

While I do aspire to have the most professional videos and pictures some day, I know it’s gonna be awhile before I get there. So I’m looking to get some thoughts on this.

What is wrong with hiking with your Mavic 2 Pro? I do it all the time. I am continuously amazed at those who own two or more drones. I am retired, have plenty of time, but barely can find projects to use my only single drone. I expect plenty of blow back from this comment.

I have both a Mini2 and a M2P and it is IDEAL. Mini2 for ease of transport and I can fly freely outside restricted zones here in Europe (and in the US), above people but not above crowds. The M2P is for better quality work, more stable, but I have to stay 50 meters away from 'uninvolved' people and I leave it at home when visiting the US next time. Vice versa will be similar. I am a happy camper.

Reactions: Newbie Flyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50