DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Train Chasing is amazing

Cool .
Amory here is a RR town and I get alot of train stuff . You just got to be there at the right time . I'm lucky I know several of the Engineers and they call me when leaving out so I know the time they will be crossing
the waterway here .

Reactions: geigy and Rbruz
Cool .
Amory here is a RR town and I get alot of train stuff . You just got to be there at the right time . I'm lucky I know several of the Engineers and they call me when leaving out so I know the time they will be crossing
the waterway here .
You should upload a video sometime!

You should upload a video sometime!
I don't post many but this is my buddy and is just a clip of many I have to cut down to make a video of him . I did this just to show him .
I'm no editor by any means but I like to just play .

Well this thing is steady . Only will use a very small part of that for what I'm making him and his nickname is Uper .
Like I said Amory is a small RailRoad town.
IMG_9212.jpg IMG_9226.JPG So lots of trains :) lol

Cool!

That train crossing the bridge sure put out a lot of smoke!

I heard a train coming and decided to throw up the Mavic to see what it could get. This is the result.

Were you sitting in one of the train cars? How did you manage to get that kind of range? I don't think mine would have gone half that distance before losing signal. I'm equal parts impressed/jealous. What was the distance of that flight?

Were you sitting in one of the train cars? How did you manage to get that kind of range? I don't think mine would have gone half that distance before losing signal. I'm equal parts impressed/jealous. What was the distance of that flight?
In the first part of the video that I cut out, you can see me go up above trees and shoot across a river to get to it. I may post it later today to show you. The Mavic gets crazy range out in the country that I was in that day. It hit just a tad over a mile before the trees got too thick between me and the mavic flying low.

Very cool video. Great job on pacing the train so perfectly.
I have to ask......at any time while you were shooting that piece, did you think, even for a second, about landing on the top of one of the cars. Obviously the slower the train is moving, the less turbulence would be encountered.
A carrier landing so to speak.
Inquiring minds want to know.

:)

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Very cool video. Great job on pacing the train so perfectly.
I have to ask......at any time while you were shooting that piece, did you think, even for a second, about landing on the top of one of the cars. Obviously the slower the train is moving, the less turbulence would be encountered.
A carrier landing so to speak.
Inquiring minds want to know.

:)
Haha. I could see that going bad rather quickly. You land and suddenly there's compass errors from the metal and you're prohibited from taking off.

I've actually thought of something similar, landing on the platform on top of an old AT&T long lines tower. With how my mavic refuses to launch from the roof of my van, on a metal catwalk on top of a metal tower (or on a boxcar) would likely be worse. ;)
efe0ea556e6fcf482b9a7c5ac87995a5.jpg

Last edited:
Went out to get some storm video Friday evening and had a train
come into town then seen one one leaving so I just got on it .
Took this from mini cach so not so hot and music is crap but think I might try and do trains for awhile instead of just making runs .
We have em nonstop in and out here . Need to get em in good light though . Storm hit right after this .

Really like pan with road intersecting train bridge. Pulled my vision directly to bridge and train. Great job!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks . I need to spend more time on trains we have so many
I just seem to overlook them .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54