Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trained Eagle takes out Drones

RAM5

Reactions
  • Wow
Reactions: TreeHugger
Horse s**t.
No way on earth would any nation `teach` a protected species to commit potentially fatal acts.
Besides you need a food reward to train a raptor. Not much eating on a drone.
The incident on the lake would have been the Eagle protecting it's eyrie.

Don't be fooled by all this bird strike pish.

Made 3 years ago and all of a sudden ... nothing, as I said, training raptors to commit self harmful acts is a no no.
Imagine Ahmed the terrorist wanted to use a drone to foul up an airport. They wouldn't use a dji toy. They would be using one of the more industrial load bearing devices that would shred Eddie the Eagle to bits.

Then again it was the Dutch.. 'nuff said.

A very old failed experiment.

From what I saw in the video, looked pretty successful to me.

Nope. They scrapped the entire program. It was a failure. And not really all the smart to begin with.

Horse s**t.
No way on earth would any nation `teach` a protected species to commit potentially fatal acts.
Besides you need a food reward to train a raptor. Not much eating on a drone.
The incident on the lake would have been the Eagle protecting it's eyrie.

Don't be fooled by all this bird strike pish.
Who said anything about terrorist attacks? I’m just sharing an interesting drone related video. And you managed to knock the Dutch on top of all that. Troll much? Sheesh....

Who said anything about terrorist attacks? I’m just sharing an interesting drone related video. And you managed to knock the Dutch on top of all that. Troll much? Sheesh....
Why else would the Dutch police be knocking out drones?
Fun? Prove a point? Or just coz they want to.
And yeah, I regularly visit Holland both business and occasionally pleasure.
Its not that far from Scotland.
Sheesh...

From what I saw in the video, looked pretty successful to me.

Watch the video at the 2:01 mark. The eagle tried to cover the drone while the props were still spinning. It jumps back. But tries again anyway. The operator luckily killed the props. Can you image what would happen to any bird that attacks a drone that has carbon fiber props? It would certainly take the drone down, but it would harm ( more likely kill) the eagle too.

It was tried and failed. No one has tried since. For very good reasons. Total waste of time and animals.

They've trained eagles to take out drones in the Netherlands...:eek:

Even though that is not the main topic of this story, click the video towards the bottom of the page.

You post this hoping some will bite.
I respond to this with considered argument and sense. Just because I disagree and refuse to get on the panic train doesn't make me a troll, however, trying to justify myself does make me a wee bit daft really.

*sigh*

Same story is in the news section below this one they were flying close and the eagle Interacting with the drone then flew away a Bald Eagle was an endangered species at one time I think they would us another kind of bird Instead of a Bald Eagle like a falcon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada