DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring photos from Mini3 Pro to PC

Berf

Reactions
Is there any way to transfer files off the SD card in the Mini3 Pro to a PC without removing the card? I was hoping I could use a USB C cable connected to the charge port, but that doesn't seem to be working. I really don't want to keep removing and reinstalling the card all the time. Ideas?

Charge port is for charging.
Image files are on the mini 3 so you need to plug in the USB cable to the drone and the other end to the computer. The drone must be powered on.

I'd be somewhat surprised if the drone can not be switched on and then connected via USB to a computer and the photos down loaded. But, if possible, I can't see the point in doing that, it wastes battery power and runs the risk of the drone over heating.
What do you have against removing the memory card from the. drone and putting it into a reader?

I wasn't turning the drone on when using the USB C cord, I'll try that and see if it works.

Reactions: 13_Dragons
Ok, that was the problem, with a battery in the drone and it powered on I can access the files. Thanks.

Reactions: 13_Dragons
Hope you know mini 3 pro are prone to over heat? I have a little battery operated hand fan that I use to keep mine cool.
The risk of overheating is already mentioned in post 3 but maybe its being 'stated in isolation' will make the warning more visible to Berf.

Last edited:
You can transfer by using Bluetooth on the DJIfly app and then upload the raws direct from phone to amazon prime photos ! I do it all the time.

DJI fly app - Turn on your Drone you don't need the controller on. on the DJI go app it will ask you to connect to phone , Agree then transfer all the photos across to phone over bluetooth , this is the only way I know of where you don't need to take the card out the drone to transfer, its a good way to use the photos right away and share on Instagram stories ect.

You can transfer by using Bluetooth on the DJIfly app and then upload the raws direct from phone to amazon prime photos ! I do it all the time.

DJI fly app - Turn on your Drone you don't need the controller on. on the DJI go app it will ask you to connect to phone , Agree then transfer all the photos across to phone over bluetooth , this is the only way I know of where you don't need to take the card out the drone to transfer, its a good way to use the photos right away and share on Instagram stories ect.
You left a reference to DJI go in your post, don't reply to this post, I will delete this post when the reference to Go is 'fixed' .... if the reference is still a mistake

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS