DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

transmission distance

daveatpdx

Reactions
Apologies if this subject has already been discussed, but I'm interested in whether the transmission distance of the smart controller is noticeably greater than the transmission distance with an iPad or iPhone. Dji says that the transmission distance of the smart controller is:
  • 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    8 km (FCC), 4 km (CE), 4 km (SRRC), 4 km (MIC)
    5.725-5.850 GHz:
    8 km (FCC), 2 km (CE), 5 km (SRRC)

I'm not really sure what all this means, but the shortest range shown, 2 km, is farther than I get with my mini ipad. 8 km (5 miles) is 5 times further than I have ever been able to fly. I would like to know what range people have actually experienced with the smart controller.
Thanks for any advice and info.

Apologies if this subject has already been discussed, but I'm interested in whether the transmission distance of the smart controller is noticeably greater than the transmission distance with an iPad or iPhone. Dji says that the transmission distance of the smart controller is:
  • 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    8 km (FCC), 4 km (CE), 4 km (SRRC), 4 km (MIC)
    5.725-5.850 GHz:
    8 km (FCC), 2 km (CE), 5 km (SRRC)

I'm not really sure what all this means, but the shortest range shown, 2 km, is farther than I get with my mini ipad. 8 km (5 miles) is 5 times further than I have ever been able to fly. I would like to know what range people have actually experienced with the smart controller.
Thanks for any advice and info.
Iv been 4.5 miles with my mavic zoom and smart controller wearing the Epson BT35e glasses

Reactions: mereflyer
I always stay within VLOS myself but have heard rumor that a friend of mine was able to get about 4.5 miles (7.2 kilometers) with their IPad mini. Just what I heard.

Reactions: cochitiman
It all depends where your flying if you're in town with a LOT of WiFi and other types of inner fear

Now where I live I have got 10,650,00 feet that's 2 miles and could have gone farther but battery was low so came home but I have went to my sister's and couldn't get more then 3,000,00 ft so I guessing it depends where you fly I wish I could get more in town anyone have better luck in flying in town

Ive gotten nearly 5 miles with my SC and Zoom. AT that range the video began to get a little pixelated and choppy. This was out in the desert under ideal conditions. Ive flown 2 miles in my residential area. Still desert so flat terrain, no tall building, able to maintain line of sight. Im sure much more radio interference then when out in the open desert but at 2 miles both control and video remained solid even at altitude Below 400ft AGL. Im deff impressed with the range I've experienced. In reality I have no need to ever fly that far, it was just a curiosity thing but it made me feel very confident in my normal use of usually with in a couple hundred yards at most.

Ive gotten nearly 5 miles with my SC and Zoom. AT that range the video began to get a little pixelated and choppy. This was out in the desert under ideal conditions. Ive flown 2 miles in my residential area. Still desert so flat terrain, no tall building, able to maintain line of sight. Im sure much more radio interference then when out in the open desert but at 2 miles both control and video remained solid even at altitude Below 400ft AGL. Im deff impressed with the range I've experienced. In reality I have no need to ever fly that far, it was just a curiosity thing but it made me feel very confident in my normal use of usually with in a couple hundred yards at most.
I would like to say that I'm finding the S C is all over the place one day I got 10,000,00 feet the next day got only 2,367 ft and every time I fly it's different I think there's something wrong with the smart controller is there any having the same problem please let me know thanks Tom

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio