DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmission Frequency ?

wxperson

Reactions
HI..

Just got the Air 3 and setting it up.

I proabably should know this but it only shows a transmission frequency of 2.4 . I thought it would also offer the 5 Ghz frequency when I select Manual mode.

Does the Air only have 2.5 GHZ in the USA?

Thanks,

George

@wxperson actually it has 3 frequencies ,and will choose which one has the least interference, where it is at any given time, they added a 5.1 GHZ for those countries that allow it to be used

Reactions: Cafguy
@wxperson actually it has 3 frequencies ,and will choose which one has the least interference, where it is at any given time, they added a 5.1 GHZ for those countries that allow it to be used
Thanks... is there a reason I only see 2.4 ghz listed as transmission frequency in the settings? i.e. no other option in the 5 GHZ range?

HI..

Just got the Air 3 and setting it up.

I proabably should know this but it only shows a transmission frequency of 2.4 . I thought it would also offer the 5 Ghz frequency when I select Manual mode.

Does the Air only have 2.5 GHZ in the USA?

Thanks,

George
In the US, it should have both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. The 5.1ghz seems to be disabled in the US.

Your drone WILL switch to the 5 ghz band, IF it senses too much clutter on the other band, But I am sure thats rare. But hey it can do it, So they advertise it. 2.4 is really better, 5 does have less lag in some cases with video transmission but you will have LESS range.
The 5 number doesn't mean newer or better its just a less used band. I believe there is a way to force the drone to only use 5 ghz but I can't remember. I might have even seen it on this forum- Maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
I had the same issue / noticed the same thing. But with the Controller connected to the craft both the the 5.8 GHz and Dual-Band buttons appear in the Transmission menu.

Controller only - 2.4 GHz
Devices connected - 2.4 GHZ / 5.8 GHz / Dual-band

Hope that helps.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian