DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transport with or without battery attached?

Prometheus

Reactions
Hi,
Just bought a case for my mavic ( see picture) and suddenly thought what if when I close the lid the foam in the lid presses the button and activates it!!.
I know it takes two presses but if it kept pressure on the button would it not flatten it.

What does everyone do when they are transporting theirs, battery or no battery attached?

Sorry if it's a silly question but would rather be safe.
jZWXbCx.jpg

My battery is always attached. But my lid doesn't squish the top of my MP. I'd think you'd be ok...

Reactions: Prometheus
A flat board wouldn't push the button, niether will foam- it is not a rigid finger. But, if you remain concerned, why not remove it?

Reactions: Prometheus
Ever see a hoverboard fire video? There's not much you can do on a plane if they burst into flames.

batteries should be stored and transported in LiPo safe bags TELESIN Lipo Safety Guard for Mavic Pro Fire Resistant Explosionproof Lipo Battery Safe Bag Dual Battery Charging & Storage Pouch Sack Amazon.com: TELESIN Lipo Safety Guard for Mavic Pro Fire Resistant Explosionproof Lipo Battery Safe Bag Dual Battery Charging & Storage Pouch Sack: Camera & Photo
You bag 'em for a 20 in drive? Sure for air travel or shipping but I'm not thinking the OP was looking at that... my be wrong.

The Mavic is shipped with the battery attached. Also the batteries (if ordered separately) aren't shipped in fireproof bags, though I don't know the fire rating on the foam protection in the standard box.

Finally the two presses have to be distinct and in a short period of time. I can't see how your foam could do that, even if the case was mishandled. If in doubt you could trim the peak over the button.

Hard case and keep battery in and blades on my case is similar to yours with the foam on top of the door.

I leave the battery in when not in use. As Grinder says, that's how it was shipped. Also, the system clock needs to run on something - there is probably a button battery / cap in the Mavic, and leaving the main battery in place might conserve it.

During flight, some people discharge the battery to 25% to reduce the chances of fire.

Ever see a hoverboard fire video? There's not much you can do on a plane if they burst into flames.
Overboard batteries are much much bigger... It's why they are totally forbidden on plane, hold and cabin luggage

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77