DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

travel (airlines

fxsales1959

Reactions
hey Y'all
what do most of you do when you fly commercial (not that it's common anymore). I cover the SE for work and too mny times in a rental car I wished I had my drone. Have cutom hard case (smll enough to fit in lrge suitcase. I know batteries are a supposed. no no
thnks

Reactions: Rattydude77
In the United States its no problem. Your drone and attached battery can go in your checked bag. Extra batteries must go in your carry on. I always carry both my batteries in LiPo pouches in my carry on And sometimes the drone in my checked bag without batteries.

In the United States its no problem. Your drone and attached battery can go in your checked bag. Extra batteries must go in your carry on. I always carry both my batteries in LiPo pouches in my carry on And sometimes the drone in my checked bag without batteries.
thnks...searched on and found out abou batts nd crry on.

I travel/traveled a lot for business also. I always carry my custom case on board with me. Drone and batteries. Goes right through the X-ray machine with no questions asked.

Reactions: Johnny Diaz
NO BATTERIES IN CHECKED BAGS!!! PERIOD....

ALL of your batteries should fly with you in your carry on secured properly to ensure nothing can touch the contacts, if your stuff gets gate checked (as in last to the plane no more bin space) PULL THE BATTERIES and carry them on with you.

BATTERIES in checked bags cause cargo bin fires, NOT a good thing for anyone.

hey Y'all
what do most of you do when you fly commercial (not that it's common anymore). I cover the SE for work and too mny times in a rental car I wished I had my drone. Have cutom hard case (smll enough to fit in lrge suitcase. I know batteries are a supposed. no no
thnks
I have flown numerous times with my drone. Iceland on Delta, Bozeman, Montana on American Airlines (through Dallas from Miami), and Zambia+Madagascar through Doha,Qatar on Qatar Airlines. Have not run into a single problem, or question at any airport. I carry the drone in its own backpack with compartments, including three batteries in LiPo bags from Amazon. Do not even sweat it a second.

I travel/traveled a lot for business also. I always carry my custom case on board with me. Drone and batteries. Goes right through the X-ray machine with no questions asked.
thanks,
depending on how bitchy TSA or Southwest. is these days, will carry case and backpack with work computers...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52