DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel charging

Mavic-Max

Reactions
What do you use to power your charger when away from mains electricity. I’m in the UK and I have one of these. I didn’t want to risk it till I’d had your opinion. It’s 12v Input as you can see and output is 230 v or 5 v usb. Would using this cause any damage to the charger or batteries.
IMG_9178.JPG

You might need to check out the shape of the waveform coming out of the invertor, that's my big concern. The cheaper ones are not very sinusoidal and I am not sure how sensitive the mains chargers are to that.

Hi Mavic-max

I have used this inverter ( listed below ) for 2 years or more without any issue, in ebay paste this into the search bar.

Bestek 400w Power Inverter DC 12v to 230v AC Converter With AC Outlet

What you need to ensure with inverters is their ability to generate a good "Sine Wave" approximation at the 240 Vac output socket, some cheap inverters generate a very poor sine wave , which can be a very spiky wave approximation, which can damage some equipment, especially if the charger is a multi-voltage switch mode power supply.

I'm sorry I don't know the specification of the charger you are looking at, so can't help any more than that, perhaps another OP can has used this inverter and can help more, is it a cheap device or expensive, maybe that will give a clue.

Good luck
Waylander

Inverter.jpg

I think I've charged more with this lately than the mains.

Just plug it in and go for it.?

My car has an outlet in a convenient place. I plug an outlet strip into the "Jupiter 2" so I can plug both my Spark and Mavic chargers. Yea, sometimes I fly both drones.

What do you use to power your charger when away from mains electricity. I’m in the UK and I have one of these. I didn’t want to risk it till I’d had your opinion. It’s 12v Input as you can see and output is 230 v or 5 v usb. Would using this cause any damage to the charger or batteries.
View attachment 109039
I use one very similar
No issues

I’m just unsure and don’t want to damage the charger or batteries

No need to worry. Old power supplies could be picky about the waveform, but even then, the fear over the proper waveform was mostly marketing by the high end conversion companies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569