DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel

G Lee

Reactions
Hey ,
Anybody know the cary on rules for airlines for drones?? Im planning a trip to AZ. this year and want to take my M2P with me. Its in a Smatree hardshell case , so very compact. Thx

You can like the Facebook page for TSA and then send them a message asking any question. I've done that already. There are no carryon restrictions for a drone. However, they advise you to check with your airline carrier to see if they have any restrictions.

There's also an app you can put on your phone.

Hey ,
Anybody know the cary on rules for airlines for drones?? Im planning a trip to AZ. this year and want to take my M2P with me. Its in a Smatree hardshell case , so very compact. Thx
Cabin luggage is no problem for (most?) airlines and actually the only allowed way to travel with rechargeable Lithium batteries! Those are not allowed in checked luggage, they must be in cabin luggage (not only the spares, but also the one in your M2P AC)

Reactions: ff22 and Turn11
Do you need to remove the battery in the drone while flying and place separate or leave them in?

I believe the general consensus is, you cannot put Lithium batteries in checked luggage, they must be carry on and yes, that includes the battery in the aircraft so no, you do not need to remove it.

Here’s some info from a ticket I just bought to go back to Maui next week.

a5ec5ebad610c25b82eb570d24f30067.jpg

That's been true for some time. In my trip to Honduras last June 2018, I was frequently asked if my checked luggage contained batteries, mainly In concern of "smart" luggage. I didn't have a Mavic at the time, just a P3A which I thought too bulky to bring with me.

Here’s some info from a ticket I just bought to go back to Maui next week.

a5ec5ebad610c25b82eb570d24f30067.jpg

What is/are Smart Bags? I flew to europe/back twice last year and two other US domestic flights. I carried TOO many electronic devices, chargers, cameras, cellphone and laptop and power bank. EVERYTHING has lithium batteries.

What is/are Smart Bags? I flew to europe/back twice last year and two other US domestic flights. I carried TOO many electronic devices, chargers, cameras, cellphone and laptop and power bank. EVERYTHING has lithium batteries.

I think those are those small carry on suitcases with the built in Battery banks with USB ports.

I think they have them bigger than carry-on as well.
Perhaps less now after they've placed the restrictions.

If you’re flying with your drone the only thing that matters is you must bring your batteries as carry-on. You don’t need a special bag or anything at least in FAA or Europe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman