DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling from NC to Denver Co

Luv2Drone

Reactions
I am exhausted from reading about what rules you have to follow in regards to traveling via airlines (United) with my Mini 2. Can't get a straight answer from anyone at United that is capable of answering a phone....
I am flying out next week to visit some old friends and want to take my drone. I would like some suggestions in regards to packing, what I can/can't do, etc.
I am carrying on a laptop and my drone Ipad but can I take my mini 2, controller, batteries, or should I just pack it in my suitcase? Any advice would be well appreciated!

Thanks
Riley

Put your drone in your carry on. You can't check it.

And if you're flying in Denver, you should know that drones are not allowed in Denver City Parks. But enjoy our Mile-High air. Also, your flight times will be reduced due to our higher altitude.

Put your drone in your carry on. You can't check it.

And if you're flying in Denver, you should know that drones are not allowed in Denver City Parks. But enjoy our Mile-High air. Also, your flight times will be reduced due to our higher altitude.
Thanks! We're going to Grand Junction actually. But great to see the drone community respond so quickly! Any places in Grand Junction area would recommend for flying?

Thanks! We're going to Grand Junction actually. But great to see the drone community respond so quickly! Any places in Grand Junction area would recommend for flying?
Book Cliffs are cool. Watch out for the airport, and of course Colorado National Monument is totally off limits. Lots of good national forest areas. Look at the Flat Tops and such pretty areas.

If you're going through Glenwood Canyon, watch out for the lane closures. Mudslides destroyed part of the highway.

Book Cliffs are cool. Watch out for the airport, and of course Colorado National Monument is totally off limits. Lots of good national forest areas. Look at the Flat Tops and such pretty areas.

If you're going through Glenwood Canyon, watch out for the lane closures. Mudslides destroyed part of the highway.
Thanks! We were driving to GJ from Denver until the mudslides wiped all the roads out. Flying directly to Grand Junction now. Thanks for the locals!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic Moss
I am exhausted from reading about what rules you have to follow in regards to traveling via airlines (United) with my Mini 2. Can't get a straight answer from anyone at United that is capable of answering a phone....
I am flying out next week to visit some old friends and want to take my drone. I would like some suggestions in regards to packing, what I can/can't do, etc.
I am carrying on a laptop and my drone Ipad but can I take my mini 2, controller, batteries, or should I just pack it in my suitcase? Any advice would be well appreciated!

Thanks
Riley
Recently traveled from Texas to Michigan with my Mavic Pro II with 3 batteries and all the goodies I needed fly. Carried it on with me, went through security check etc, had absolutely no issues, both going to Michigan and returning to Texas. Have fun!

Reactions: Luv2Drone

Thanks
Riley

Have you tried emailing United for a written response? I don't mean to insinuate that any of the advice given isn't accurate but it carries no weight and can't be verified or relied upon what so ever what we say on the forum. It would be very wise to get it in writing from United. Maybe their Twitter or FB account?

GJ (and surrounding area) has quite a few places to drone. Drive an hour or so west towards Moab along the CO River and LOTS of droning available there. Some great sights and all outside of any NPS like Arches / Canyonlands / etc. Also the LaSal Mountains (south of Moab) are a very cool (temp and scenery) place to go as well.

If you fly into Denver (why would you when you can directly into GJ and a 4 hour drive) - many what looks to be some great droning locations off I-70 as you head towards GJ. Also a not bad (but not great) train runs in a small town called Georgetown. That would be cool to drone, but no idea if allowed or not. When we visited a few years ago - didn't have a drone.

We're headed to Denver (actual location) in a few weeks and I will have my Air2 ready to do some droning in the area. And yes, I'll be using Aloft / UAVForecast / etc to make sure all my locations are not restricted.

Thanks
Riley
You are not allowed to pack it on checked luggage. I flew last week from NC to WI. My carry on backpack had my Mini 2, the remote and 3 batteries. Also some props and the charger. TSA in NC and WI didn't even blink. It was no problem whatsoever.

Reactions: BigAl07

Thanks
Riley
OH, I also had my laptop and iPad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98