DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling out the country

ExcellentDynasty

Reactions
In about month I will be traveling to the Philippines. But I'm worried about the checking in the airport. Does my drone have to travel in a pelican case? I just don't want to carry my drone in a pelican case that screams "I'm a drone!"

In about month I will be traveling to the Philippines. But I'm worried about the checking in the airport. Does my drone have to travel in a pelican case? I just don't want to carry my drone in a pelican case that screams "I'm a drone!"
No it doesn't have to travel in a pelican case (where did you get the idea it did?).
The airport people won't give you any trouble. They see drones every day of the week and it's no big deal.
Just make sure you don't put your batteries in checked luggage.

Agree with Meta4’s post above.

I’d recommend you do use a hard case to protect your drone from damage as things are stuffed into the overhead compartments.

Here’s a link with contact info and Philippine drone laws/registration requirements:

I use a carry-on backpack large enough to handle my Zadii hard case (which contains Mavic, batteries, accessories) along with laptop, headphones, books, water bottle and other items I'll need in the terminal and on the flight. No problems so far.

You don't need a pelican case!
Just make sure your batts and drones are safe and secured.

I carried mine on the plane as hand luggage, had to for the batteries. Check each airline under ‘dangerous goods’ for the batteries. Just remember, luggage handlers aren’t that gentle with your checked luggage at times. Maybe not a pelican case but make sure the drone is protected.
Both immigration and the airlines are used to drones now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760