DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Mexico from US

brownside515090

Reactions
Has anybody traveled to Mexico this year with their drone? How is it going through customs and can I take my drone in a carry on?

Check it out here:
Recommend contacting as at least a few months ago Mexican citizenship was required... better safe than sorry down there.

The thing is that I keep hearing different things from different people that have traveled with their drones to Mexico. They said they didn't have any issues. I want to know if anybody has gone recently.

Recommend being sure... Folks “get away” with a lot. You don’t want to be the one.
After calling and translating the regs from Spanish I left my drone at home on a recent trip to Los Barilles (50km both of Cabo on the gulf sid)..
Drone should be carried on if you try. Battery out for most carriers... recommend contact your airline.

Risk verses reward.
Follow the laws or roll the dice.

I've flown in Mexico, before and after the new laws. I work with a ministry out of Ensenada.

When it comes to local enforcement, odds are the just don't know the law. I've never gone through customs with my drone because I always drive down. If I was flying down, I wouldn't take it. And even when I go down next time, I'll just take the Mini in case I lose it.

If you decide to take yours, there is a chance you'll lose it. Or you'll be "fined" by the local police.

Personally, these days I wouldn't try flying down and going through customs. When I go, I have a vehicle full of people and construction gear. The drone is at the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: Thomas B
Has anybody traveled to Mexico this year with their drone? How is it going through customs and can I take my drone in a carry on?
Hi. I live in México. Two years ago I purchased the mini fly more combo in US and took a flight from LA to Mexico City. I brought the case with the whole combo on it in my carry-on without further problems. I passed the security check at LA without problems at all. Last year I fought Mexico City to LA with the combo again. No problems at all. On this trip a bought the Mini 2 combo, and get back to Mexico City departing from LA with both combos on my carry-on ( actually, I brought one and my wife the other). No problems neither security checks in LA nor customs in Mexico. I hope my experience help you to take a decision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000