Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Traveling to Mexico from US

brownside515090

Reactions
Visit site
The thing is that I keep hearing different things from different people that have traveled with their drones to Mexico. They said they didn't have any issues. I want to know if anybody has gone recently.

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Visit site
Recommend being sure... Folks “get away” with a lot. You don’t want to be the one.
After calling and translating the regs from Spanish I left my drone at home on a recent trip to Los Barilles (50km both of Cabo on the gulf sid)..
Drone should be carried on if you try. Battery out for most carriers... recommend contact your airline.

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Editor
Reactions
Visit site
I've flown in Mexico, before and after the new laws. I work with a ministry out of Ensenada.

When it comes to local enforcement, odds are the just don't know the law. I've never gone through customs with my drone because I always drive down. If I was flying down, I wouldn't take it. And even when I go down next time, I'll just take the Mini in case I lose it.

If you decide to take yours, there is a chance you'll lose it. Or you'll be "fined" by the local police.

Personally, these days I wouldn't try flying down and going through customs. When I go, I have a vehicle full of people and construction gear. The drone is at the bottom of the pile.