DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to the Philippines

obenzatech

Reactions
Hi All,

I'll be traveling to the Cebu, Philippines in June and taking my Mavic with me, anyone have any experience with customs there. Also do I need to register my drone with authorities there and if so how?

Any info is much appreciated,
Alvin

Just got back from PI and flew in Manila and El Nido. No issues. I bought a Smart SIM card for my unlocked iPad Mini 2 with cellular and was able to fly with internet connectivity in both places.

Customs didn't hassle me with my fly more package as hand carry. Enjoy!

i was just there in january.

i'd take my mavic as a carry-on because i keep hearing stories about items disappearing from people's bags. i wrapped tape around my luggage and it was all gone when i got my bag from baggage claim.

hopefully you plan on visiting bohol and get those awesome chocolate hills on the mavic.

Thanks guys. I'm going to take my mavic as carry on along with my gopro and Sony A6000 camera. I'll be going to Cebu and Palawan. I emailed Philippine CAAP before I found this forum and they actually responded asking me to send a letter requesting permission to fly my drone..

Guys, as i see many of us are kinda lost regarding to traveling with our drones. Since i did not found any good sheet regarding to this i created a sub page on my website. Drone owners like us can easily check and filter departure and arrival and check if anything to worry about or we should be aware before our trip.

» Drone Airplane Regulations and Tips

To avoid any spam flood the submissions will be reviewed within 12-24 hours, but after time this can be incredible handy for all of us. If you have any experience please share with us.

Cool website @smog , I went ahead and dig dived into the topic. Turns out the recreational use isn't too bad in Philippines but commercial is a real nightmare.. so all depends on what you want to do with it @obenzatech - Below are the mainlines but if you're interested for the full story check my blog post;
  • at a maximum altitude of 122 m above the ground.
  • at least 30 m from people or large crowds & respect individuals' privacy.
  • at least 10 km away from airports.
  • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders.
  • fly within day light & within your sight at all times.
I hope this helps as I was in the same situation but once onsite, no issues whatsoever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound