DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Drone to Spain

I went in April to parts of Southern Spain. Didn't bother trying to fly anywhere around Madrid for instance.

Or in Granada.

But did some flights in Ronda and Toledo.

I've heard that the Spanish police are aggressive about tracking down and pursuing drones, especially in some historic cities.

What I did is research the places where I was interested in flying. First you can see some photos posted on Google Maps. Many are 360 photos shot from drones so you can get an idea of the terrain in these areas, what they look like from the air, whether it's worth flying there.

Then I checked some of those places in drones.enaire.es site, which lists the various NFZ and other restricted zones.

What's useful about that site is that in a lot of place, but not all, there are links to email for aerodromes and hospitals which have helipads.

So I emailed for Ronda, Toledo and a couple of other places. Didn't always get replies but the ones who did wanted to know when and where I would fly and some of them had me fill out forms and I was replied to by different agencies than the ones I contacted, like the police in one or two of the cases.

So I would get approval or they would say something like if you see a plane or helicopter nearby, just land the drone and take off later.

I went in April to parts of Southern Spain. Didn't bother trying to fly anywhere around Madrid for instance.

Or in Granada.

But did some flights in Ronda and Toledo.

I've heard that the Spanish police are aggressive about tracking down and pursuing drones, especially in some historic cities.

What I did is research the places where I was interested in flying. First you can see some photos posted on Google Maps. Many are 360 photos shot from drones so you can get an idea of the terrain in these areas, what they look like from the air, whether it's worth flying there.

Then I checked some of those places in drones.enaire.es site, which lists the various NFZ and other restricted zones.

What's useful about that site is that in a lot of place, but not all, there are links to email for aerodromes and hospitals which have helipads.

So I emailed for Ronda, Toledo and a couple of other places. Didn't always get replies but the ones who did wanted to know when and where I would fly and some of them had me fill out forms and I was replied to by different agencies than the ones I contacted, like the police in one or two of the cases.

So I would get approval or they would say something like if you see a plane or helicopter nearby, just land the drone and take off later.
Thanks so much for the great information! I appreciate your response. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000