DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tri prop on Mini?

There's a counter to BigAl07's post, though frangible props may sacrifice themselves, limiting damage beyond a broken prop, obviously a prop still needs to be strong enough to withstand the considerable stresses involved. Manufacturers don't always get it right the first time. It's been said that prop design is part engineering/science, and part black magic. And although improvements in props is certainly by minuscule incremental steps, it's rare that something just a tiny bit better doesn't come along after each "new" design.

I waited 31 days for the Lykus titan MM100 but it never arrived.
I emailed them asking when I would receive it and they said they would credit my credit card.
I told them I rather have the case in return they said once again my credit card would be refunded.
What a pain!
I am in Canada, does anyone know of a source other than Lukus as they do not have their act together.
Tom

I am pleased to announce that Lykus came through and reorderEd my MM100 case and was delivered within a week.
Nice case, does exactly what I wanted to do, you can even store an iPad behind the top foam cover

The tri props for the mavic mini are amazing if you need to set let me know they're $20 for a full set. Longer flight time smoother flights a lot more quieter. They're unbelievable

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_130857~2.jpg
    IMG_20210527_130857~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210527_131009.jpg
    IMG_20210527_131009.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
I wonder, after reading all that's been posted already, if a 3-blade mod is available, or even possible, on a Mini 3 Pro, & if that might make it even more quiet.

Same blades, same diameter, same pitch, but with 3 blades, the ESC might spin them slower, getting the same thrust but with a low RPM.

Any idea how fast he Mini 3 Pro props spin, when hovering (since many flight modes will have different prop RPMs).

I was thinking that was the case.. so more rigid carbon fiber is also stressful I assume. No good?
Yep, going all-out with rigid carbon fiber might not be the best move. It can add some serious stress to your drone's airframe. And you know what they say, too much stress is never good for anyone! You wanna keep that sweet balance between strength and flexibility. Finding the right combo of materials and upgrades can be a bit like searching for the golden ticket, but it's worth it in the end!

Finding the right combo of materials and upgrades can be a bit like searching for the golden ticket, but it's worth it in the end!
The propulsion engineers at DJI already did the hard work on that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre