DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip To Brazil with a Mavic2pro

I have hosteled in many countries from Mexico to Central and South America...I have never had any stuff of mine stole from me while in the hostel...I alway put my expensive thinks in the lockers provided

I have lots of experience with different drones approx 130 flights under my belt with the mavic2pro and 300 flights with my old phantom 2+

That is definitely a danger to consider when I arrive...I heard that one must avoid standing out among the crowd and one must blend-in and try and look Brazilian(Not like a tourist) it’s better to bring expensive drone equipment in a small backpack that is inconspicuous. A Brazilian friend told me that rio has some dangerous areas that are to be avoided, and copacabana beach is one of them especially at night.

Blend-in or embrace being a tourist, specially when with the drone. The more touristy places should be safe enough, safety in numbers. Even Copacabana beach at night as you said, they have bars along the street, somewhat closed that feel safe. Of course, as any big city, beware of the pickpockets.

Rio is a challenge even for me (I live in São Paulo), I wouldn't know where you could try to fly safely there. Here is a community map with places to fly, but I don't trust it much (some in São Paulo are really odd): LEIA A DESCRIÇÃO ANTES DE PROSSEGUIR - Google My Maps

Reactions: ff22
Thanks for this map...Do the red balloons represent the places that one can safely fly from?

Thanks for this map...Do the red balloons represent the places that one can safely fly from?
It´s a collective map, so some might be, but mostly should be where people fly and some points should be nonsense (from the SP one).

It is strange...but one of those points is right over an international airport

I found this website that contradicts everything on the other websites...it’s says the restrictions are only in place for Brazilian locals....tourists are permitted to fly a drone in Brazil recreationally as long as it is smaller than a phantom

Here is the site:

I will print this ruling out and bring it with me when I go to Brazil next week

I found this website that contradicts everything on the other websites...it’s says the restrictions are only in place for Brazilian locals....tourists are permitted to fly a drone in Brazil recreationally as long as it is smaller than a phantom
I wouldn't trust it much. I don't know the details, but I heard from more then more source that the 250g limit that exempts the Mavic mini in the US doesn't exist in the current Brazilian law, so legally all have to be registered (I've even seen one registered already).
But as I said it will be hard to find someone to enforce any sort of law.

I will printout this ruling from the website and bring it with me just in case I have problems with customs...will I encounter any problems bringing this personal consumer drone in with for some recreational drone flying...or will customs confiscate it from me?

Arrived in Rio with my Mavic2pro, without problems just breezed through customs with no questions asked..Will fly my drone here once I find a good location where I won’t get robbed

Reactions: edgardcafe
It’s more the people coming up to ask questions when I am busy controlling a drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest