DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip To Brazil with a Mavic2pro

Managed to fly my mavic2pro without problems at Ipanema Beach Rio[emoji1054]

Mavic2Pro - Ipanema Beach Rio(4K)[emoji1054]
Glad you were finally able to fly down there.

One suggestion is try to smooth out your turns. There are settings that you can alter to provide smoother movements.

I think this video has some tips

While flying at the rocky peninsula Pedra do Arpoador, Rio(4K)[emoji1054]

I was surrounded by a group of 7 teenagers, I was concerned that they would try and ambush me to steal my drone...But they appeared to me more interested in looking into the iPhone screen to see what the drone is seeing, and asked in Portuguese where the drone is...I pointed out it’s location...they remained there for the whole time I was flying...I have heard that this is how they rob people of their iPhones or valuables by just grabbing the item and running...I quickly initiated a return to home and landed...they surrounded me as the drone was landing..I quickly picked it up and put in my my bag and promptly left the area without incident.

I flew my drone on Copacabana beach....Had no problems...No one even cares about drones ...lots of people use then[emoji106][emoji1054][emoji1054][emoji1054][emoji1054]

I followed the suggestions made in a previous videos on how to adjust gimbal settings and this helped reduce jerky movements in the footage...thanks a lot for this video

Mavic2Pro - Copacabana Beach, Rio(4K)[emoji1054]

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
Great videos, congrats. Are you taking off and landing from the sand? Any tips there? Also how do you manage to see anything in the display under the bright sun? Any shades? I've bought dji controller hood, but it made no difference. I'm looking for a better solution.

No I use a launch pad that use on the beach...otherwise I will get sand in my gimbal and Motors

Lots of people are flying drones both on Copacabana and Ipanema Beach....No one even cares when they are flown...it’s such a common sight...The beaches are always safe during mid day to early afternoon.. lots of local Brazilians and tourists are in the beach and it is safe...At night however the situation is different

I am using my iPhone 7 Plus as my main controller for the drone...I just crank up the brightness to max...sometimes the sun is very bright and it is hard to see the screen properly

I followed the suggestions made in a previous videos on how to adjust gimbal settings and this helped reduce jerky movements in the footage...thanks a lot for this video

Mavic2Pro - Copacabana Beach, Rio(4K)[emoji1054]
The smoother turns are much nicer (not that I've flown very much but keep watching videos)! (g)

Got to do plenty of drone flying in Brazil...Everyone was very cool to the use of drones on the beach...I was using a Polarizing ND 16 filter...But the light was still very strong...An ND 32 would have been better.

Mavic2Pro - Morning In Ipanema Beach, Rio(4K)[emoji1054]

The captain of a diveboat allowed me to fly my drone from the boat...got practice hand launching and hand landing the drone...

Mavic2Pro - Jorge Grego, Ilha Grande(4K)[emoji1054]

Flying the drone in Cabo Frio area In Brazil, proved to be very rewarding in terms of the amazing land features along the shores. It was a challenge dealing the strong sunshine:

Mavic2Pro - Enseada do Pontal, Cabo Frio(4K)[emoji1054][emoji1054]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ