DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Trip to Denver pics from the drone

tlswift58

Reactions
Went to Denver last week. Great weather, albeit warm, bright, and sunny. A lot of cool spots to go drone around Denver; but flying from "Denver Parks" is not permitted. Think "Denver Parks" extends almost across the state, but there are ways to fly outside of taking / landing in the parks. Went to Garden of the Gods outside of CO Springs and they have even weirder rules that an addition to the "Denver Park Rules." Yet, you can fly a drone there in off-season and if I read the rules correctly - they have a 2 hour window in morning and afternoon. For a Friday it was a hopping place and did get the drone up in afternoon window on the fringe of the park with some winds upwards of about 20 mph. Air2 did great, although the constantly fluctuating battery remaining level was a guessing game. Wanted to go to Mt Evans outside of Idaho Springs, but they close the gates in early Oct - so no 14,000 ft summit. Did get some flying in at around 9-10k ft and drone did fine, but batteries lasted maybe 15-20 minutes max. Also got altitude warning - no issues.

Pic 1 - Colorado State Capital and Civic Center Park. Park was closed. May be due to so many homeless near downtown
Pic 2 - Denver City Council Bldg. At night they light it up with blue lights, which is cool
Pic 3 - Union Station at night
Pic 4 - Echo Lake - at road that goes up to Mt. Evans
Pic 5 - Argo Gold Mine in Idaho Springs

Attachments

• DJI_0517.JPG
    DJI_0517.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 53
  • DJI_0521.JPG
    DJI_0521.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 49
  • DJI_0546.JPG
    DJI_0546.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 54
  • DJI_0590.JPG
    DJI_0590.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 57
  • DJI_0599.JPG
    DJI_0599.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 59
Went to Denver last week. Great weather, albeit warm, bright, and sunny. A lot of cool spots to go drone around Denver; but flying from "Denver Parks" is not permitted. Think "Denver Parks" extends almost across the state, but there are ways to fly outside of taking / landing in the parks. Went to Garden of the Gods outside of CO Springs and they have even weirder rules that an addition to the "Denver Park Rules." Yet, you can fly a drone there in off-season and if I read the rules correctly - they have a 2 hour window in morning and afternoon. For a Friday it was a hopping place and did get the drone up in afternoon window on the fringe of the park with some winds upwards of about 20 mph. Air2 did great, although the constantly fluctuating battery remaining level was a guessing game. Wanted to go to Mt Evans outside of Idaho Springs, but they close the gates in early Oct - so no 14,000 ft summit. Did get some flying in at around 9-10k ft and drone did fine, but batteries lasted maybe 15-20 minutes max. Also got altitude warning - no issues.

Pic 1 - Colorado State Capital and Civic Center Park. Park was closed. May be due to so many homeless near downtown
Pic 2 - Denver City Council Bldg. At night they light it up with blue lights, which is cool
Pic 3 - Union Station at night
Pic 4 - Echo Lake - at road that goes up to Mt. Evans
Pic 5 - Argo Gold Mine in Idaho Springs
I like them all but the image with the lake would be a lot better if you removed the person and the sign. (Spot healing brush in Photoshop takes about 2 seconds to do). They detract from the subject, which is the beautiful lake and mountains.

Dale

Reactions: tlswift58
I like them all but the image with the lake would be a lot better if you removed the person and the sign. (Spot healing brush in Photoshop takes about 2 seconds to do). They detract from the subject, which is the beautiful lake and mountains.

Dale
True, if it was not my wife. The sign for sure, but I don't have PS either. Could always crop for that better shot.

True, if it was not my wife. The sign for sure, but I don't have PS either. Could always crop for that better shot.
Swift: That's why I said "person" because I suspected it was your wife. I removed sign, wife, and person on the right and the yellow patch on the hillside upper right. Did not touch the color, etc. Edited version.jpgOriginal version.jpg

Reactions: tlswift58
God I miss Denver - Spent my 1st 42 years there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3