DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TripleTek - Feedback?

Gkinghrn

Reactions
Anyone out there got one? Which one ?

i am conisdering buying and wondering why I wouldnt go for the base model?

Anyone?

I almost purchased the base model, but the Pro came out and got it instead.

I think the base models work fine.

Plenty of pilots with the original Tripltek.

Here are some search results about the Tripltek.

It is thick and heavy and I would recommend a good tablet holder, and not the antenna adapter that is used with other, lighter tablets.

This is the one I purchased.

An additional piece specifically made for the Tripltek should be purchased from them too.

Good luck. ?

Reactions: Gkinghrn
thanks - ive done a bunch of research on the prodcut already but trying to get real people real world feedback from those who have it is what I am looking for.

Also the fact that the non pro version is locked at Android 8.1 is a potential future issue unless they think they can u/g firmware in it to enable it ..but i hear you ..thank you

I have the Pro Model, which I would suggest because of the processor and RAM, and love it. I use the ThorLift Baulder mount with their new TriplTek adapter. The combination is well balanced and works well. The Tablet runs all of the Apps/software that I use to include the AIRDATA App that transfers my flight data to their website for storage and analysis. The only “Con” for me is the Android operating system! Nothing wrong with it other then I am an IOS guy and find myself fumbling through the nuances of the operating system! The screen works well when flying in full sun light and the anti reflective screen holds the reflections down to a minimum. I’ve flown with the iPhone 11 and an iPad Pro 11” and would take the TriplTek over either one of them… No comparison IMO!

Attachments

• 7371042D-826B-4ADE-865C-A5FC3E661429.jpeg
    7371042D-826B-4ADE-865C-A5FC3E661429.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 492F5421-E2F8-490E-B622-24DE9A2B7413.jpeg
    492F5421-E2F8-490E-B622-24DE9A2B7413.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
I have the Pro Model, which I would suggest because of the processor and RAM, and love it. I use the ThorLift Baulder mount with their new TriplTek adapter. The combination is well balanced and works well. The Tablet runs all of the Apps/software that I use to include the AIRDATA App that transfers my flight data to their website for storage and analysis. The only “Con” for me is the Android operating system! Nothing wrong with it other then I am an IOS guy and find myself fumbling through the nuances of the operating system! The screen works well when flying in full sun light and the anti reflective screen holds the reflections down to a minimum. I’ve flown with the iPhone 11 and an iPad Pro 11” and would take the TriplTek over either one of them… No comparison IMO!
it does look chunky - whats your experience in holding it with the controller? does it need a lanyard or does it balance well? thanks for this

Anyone out there got one? Which one ?

i am conisdering buying and wondering why I wouldnt go for the base model?

Anyone?
I have the standard Tripltek tablet and it works well with both my DJI drones. The only downside is that it is bulky and heavy. So I use a neck strap to take the weight unless I am sitting in my folding chair. Also I had to modify the tablet holder so it would grip the Tripletek and hold it firmly in place on the remote.

it does look chunky - whats your experience in holding it with the controller? does it need a lanyard or does it balance well? thanks for this
It is chunky and I should have included that I do wear a neck strap with it. Having said that I have no issue burning through batteries with the tablet/controller combination. The ThorLift setup keeps the system balanced.

I got excited until the $26 shipping ... yikes. Looks like a great product though.

which bracket setup is good for the Mavic pro 2?

This is the company I purchased from for my MA2.

They also make a holder for the Mavic series.

Make sure to purchase the Tripltek mount as the regular tablet holder won't securely grasp the tablet since it's so thick.

Purchased Pro Model - Pro model not available until May 7 though ... I am weak!

Reactions: MA2 317
I added the $18 Tripletek mount which looked fine ... not spending that kind of silly money on those mounts tbh .. the Thor was £69 .... i also want to keep kit sizes down as well ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman