DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TRIPLTEK 8 INCH TABLET NOT SEEING SD CARD

Timewarden

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just received the new Tripltek 8 inch tablet - all very good - except it will not see the SD card. I've tried different cards (Sandisk high speed, etc) but the device will not show the card in storage, only 'internal storage'. turned off, I've re-booted but no response. Any ideas before I contact the seller and send it back?

Thanks

Thanks for your help... I've done the exact process as described in the video, with now three different SD card (last Sandisk 128 EVO Plus - which works / formats etc in the M2P and notebook).
When the tablet is turned back on (and on / off / on) Settings show SIMS 1 and 2 'Unavailable' (greyed out), with the SD card installed... I've emailed my supplier (Australia), and he's been very helpful, awaiting answer from TriplTek.
I've thought about 'factory reset', but this will remove all pre-installed apps?
Les

Thanks for your help... I've done the exact process as described in the video, with now three different SD card (last Sandisk 128 EVO Plus - which works / formats etc in the M2P and notebook).
When the tablet is turned back on (and on / off / on) Settings show SIMS 1 and 2 'Unavailable' (greyed out), with the SD card installed... I've emailed my supplier (Australia), and he's been very helpful, awaiting answer from TriplTek.
I've thought about 'factory reset', but this will remove all pre-installed apps?
Les
The T8 PRO is capable of dual SIM cards. You can choose to have one SIM card or 2 SIM cards or a SIM card and an SD card. If you place an SD card the SIM2 will be greyed out.

Factory reset will not remove any of the preinstalled APPs.

You may need an APP to read a different format for your SD card, like ExFAT , check the answers here T8 FAQ | TRIPLTEK

Outcome:

Purchased a new SD card 64Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro. Tried the card in the device - same outcome.

Did a factory re-set; stepped through the setup prompts - 1st prompt - 'install SD'. Did that; pad did not respond so 'skipped'

Messages - System 'Sim card 1 unavailable''; Storage: 'Card Corrupted'

Now the interesting part: While writing down the events to post (with screenshots) , after about 10 minutes, the Pad gave a signal. It then stepped me through formatting the card - which now works.

Why it took so long to recognise the card is a mystery. Anyway, all appears great!

Worth keeping a note in case someone else has a similar experience.

The Australian supplier was extremely supportive - to be recommended.

Thankyou very much for your help.

Further update on last... after discussing issue with supplier, and re-reading others suggestions here, did a 'factory reset' - stepped through the prompts / use SD card as... ' - select 'external storage' (versus 'phone storage'). no longer error messages with card, TriplTek 8 inch working well, great product. (Note I am not using a SIM card).

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Just received the new Tripltek 8 inch tablet - all very good - except it will not see the SD card. I've tried different cards (Sandisk high speed, etc) but the device will not show the card in storage, only 'internal storage'. turned off, I've re-booted but no response. Any ideas before I contact the seller and send it back?

Thanks
I’m having the same issue - it’s been a nightmare - I’ve emailed Tripltek numerous times and they mailed me a new SIM-SD Card tray & its still not working!!!

I’m having the same issue - it’s been a nightmare - I’ve emailed Tripltek numerous times and they mailed me a new SIM-SD Card tray & its still not working!!!
I had to use forceps to get the SIM/SD card holder out, installed a 64GB SANDISK that I use on my drones, after I gently re-installed the SIM/SD card holder with SD card I had play with the software to get it to work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143