DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek mount?

Willie, I just checked out those cables you linked us with and I'm going to grab em' off amazon now.
Thanks for the tip!
PS, I took my first flight with the Tripltek and I dunno if it was my fault or not but I decied to try the RTH and my screen went blank. Luckily I was in RTH mode. I got back my screen after a bit. Most likely it could've been the cable got loose (at least I hope it was?? and all the more reason to try these new cables.)
Lastly, why did I need a Wi-Fi connection to get my drone up? I had to use my IPhone's hotspot and I was in a city park. Thanks guys, HFTA

Which drone are you flying? What version of the Fly app are you using? There have been issues with Fly 1.4.8 and DJI has issued 2 different versions of 1.4.8 (to add to the confusion). I tried 1.4.8 on my Tripltek (with my Air2) when it first released and had problems. I have gone back to v1.4.0 and plan on staying there until the next version is released... and tested... And you shouldn't need WiFi to fly. I don't have it when I fly.

Reactions: JP_CACIKE
Which drone are you flying? What version of the Fly app are you using? There have been issues with Fly 1.4.8 and DJI has issued 2 different versions of 1.4.8 (to add to the confusion). I tried 1.4.8 on my Tripltek (with my Air2) when it first released and had problems. I have gone back to v1.4.0 and plan on staying there until the next version is released... and tested... And you shouldn't need WiFi to fly. I don't have it when I fly.
That's what was puzzling me why I needed WI-Fi for my Mavic Air 2 when for the past year, I didn't need it using my IPhone & IPad. Where did you get the DJI v1.40? I would like to get it. BTW, I got my cables today and it fit and worked perfectly.
Thanks for the cable tip. :)

Reactions: WobblingWillie
That's what was puzzling me why I needed WI-Fi for my Mavic Air 2 when for the past year, I didn't need it using my IPhone & IPad. Where did you get the DJI v1.40? I would like to get it. BTW, I got my cables today and it fit and worked perfectly.
Thanks for the cable tip. :)
When you say "I needed WI-Fi for my Mavic Air 2", please explain what you mean. What did see on your screen? What made you believe that you needed WiFi or a cell connection to be able to fly? TIA.

Reactions: JP_CACIKE
When you say "I needed WI-Fi for my Mavic Air 2", please explain what you mean. What did see on your screen? What made you believe that you needed WiFi or a cell connection to be able to fly? TIA.

If it's the same warning I've noticed, it's when the app first starts up on the start up screen.

It's a pop up warning that fades away about the time the app enters the camera view.

It might be a disclaimer to ensure all of the data bases, firmware, etc. is currently up to date before your flight.

When you say "I needed Wi-Fi for my Mavic Air 2", please explain what you mean. What did see on your screen? What made you believe that you needed WiFi or a cell connection to be able to fly? TIA.
I got a prompt "Network connection required" on my Mavic Air 2 using v1.48. I flew today and I didn't get the prompt again. Hey 317, did you get the same prompt ("Network connection required")?
Willie thanks for link on the APK mirror, I wasn't hip to that site. If I have one more problem with this version 1.4.8, then I will bailout of v1.4.8 and install ver.1.4.4... HFTA!

Willie, I just checked out those cables you linked us with and I'm going to grab em' off amazon now.
Thanks for the tip!
PS, I took my first flight with the Tripltek and I dunno if it was my fault or not but I decided to try the RTH and my screen went blank. Luckily I was in RTH mode. I got back my screen after a bit. Most likely it could've been the cable got loose (at least I hope it was?? and all the more reason to try these new cables.)
Lastly, why did I need a Wi-Fi connection to get my drone up? I had to use my IPhone's hotspot and I was in a city park. Thanks guys, HFTA
Thanks, Willie those cables are solid and work perfectly!

Hey 317, did you get the same prompt ("Network connection required")?

Yep.

I just ignored it and flew with no problems while out in the field.

I've been flying Wi-Fi devices since 2017 and never needed a network connection.

I routinely turn everything on at home and check stuff before going out.

I got the STL file for one from Tripltek and had it printed but I don’t see any way it sits on the controller without it pushing the buttons at the bottom or being well secured at the bottom ..just seems to fall out …

how does yours fit from these guys?
I just saw this. Iuse a combination of 2 different products. I use the Aerial Pixel to hold the top of the tablet (similar to the Tripltek one you have) and I use the bottom piece from the aerialedgeva.com mount.

I did get another STL file which printed the bottom holder ..it works well..

i am use the mount that tripltek sells works great and under 20.00

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998