DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TRIPLTEK Tablet Being Charged By M2P/Z Remote

FatherXmas

Reactions
I did a search of the whole forum, lots of threads concerning the new TRIPLTEK tablet, none about the tablet being charged by the remote controller. The RC goes from 100% down to 40% in about 20 minutes it takes to fly a single battery. I know this isn't just me, a friend of mine has the Pro version, same as me, and he has the same issue. I have a M2P, M2Z and M2ED, all have the same issue. TRIPLTEK support is supposed to be making me a custom cable with a resistor in it they say will fix it. However, I can't imagine this isn't an issue for more folks than my friend and I.
Anyone??

It's an Android thing, not a Tripltek thing.
Which brings to mind three questions:
1) Then everyone with a Tripltek has this issue?
2) Why didn't I have this issue with my Samsung phone or Crystal Sky, both android?
3) And most important, how do I fix it?

Which brings to mind three questions:
1) Then everyone with a Tripltek has this issue?
2) Why didn't I have this issue with my Samsung phone or Crystal Sky, both android?
3) And most important, how do I fix it?
1. Yes
2. Maybe you just didn't notice it?
3 Sounds like Tripltek have come up with a tech solution, otherwise you just have to get used to it.

Now
I did a search of the whole forum, lots of threads concerning the new TRIPLTEK tablet, none about the tablet being charged by the remote controller. The RC goes from 100% down to 40% in about 20 minutes it takes to fly a single battery. I know this isn't just me, a friend of mine has the Pro version, same as me, and he has the same issue. I have a M2P, M2Z and M2ED, all have the same issue. TRIPLTEK support is supposed to be making me a custom cable with a resistor in it they say will fix it. However, I can't imagine this isn't an issue for more folks than my friend and I.
Anyone??
Interesting, I fly with a Tripltek Pro and have not experienced this level of depletion! Maybe it’s because of the state of charge of my TriplTek when I fly?? But I have not seen that level of depletion in ~40 minutes of flying.

1 - do you have the right cable? Must be an OTG. Regular USB won't work.
2 - Did you put the OTG cable in the right way - backwards will charge the controller instead of R/C charging the tab
3 - Did you enable Developer Mode on the tablet?
4 - Did you enable USB debugging?

As others have said - if tablet is 100% - should not power down the RC. I have a Lenovo 10 FHD and as far as I know it does not drain the RC battery. I do make sure all are charged 100% right before flying as well.

I "thought" I had seen this issue before and there was a way to "turn off" the RC charging the phone / tablet. Been awhile and my memory is fuzzy most of the time.

As others have said - if tablet is 100% - should not power down the RC. I have a Lenovo 10 FHD and as far as I know it does not drain the RC battery. I do make sure all are charged 100% right before flying as well.

I "thought" I had seen this issue before and there was a way to "turn off" the RC charging the phone / tablet. Been awhile and my memory is fuzzy most of the time.

“Phone Charging” is a feature in the IOS App only, the Android does not have that setting.

I'm surprised that no one is selling an adapter for this. While you can't completely disable the power from the RC to the phone (some power is required for the connection to be valid), you can limit it. There are 4 lines over USB that matter here: Data+, Data-, Ground, and Vcc (also known as Vbus or V+. If you wire in a 12 ohm resister in serial on Vcc, the connection still works but the current draw is reduced.

sMJXI.jpg

The problem with that is getting the right resistor value so that the voltage drop is tolerable for your model device.

I don't know if DJI did it for the remotes with C connections, but previous models will deliver up to 500mA. This is a part of standard USB specs.
Then on the phone side, if there's not enough voltage/current on the power leads, the phone drops the data connection.
Android did not provide a way to control charging without rooting. Some mfrs have added control of charging, but seems rare. They can because they have root access with their addition to the core OS.
Apple on the other hand did provide apps with a way to control charging.

Reactions: DougMcC

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98