DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TriplTek Tablet, Finally a Solution

What adapter? I don't see that on the either site I am looking at.
Here is what you are looking for. The adapter. 1615408231229.png

Reactions: MA2 317

Attachments

• 80658A5D-9932-4EF9-B19D-1CDF4A85DBCB.png
    80658A5D-9932-4EF9-B19D-1CDF4A85DBCB.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 9DFE38AF-ECD5-42D5-AE35-C0AE1357190D.png
    9DFE38AF-ECD5-42D5-AE35-C0AE1357190D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Woo hoo!

My order will ship tomorrow. :)

From Norway?? Mine shipped yesterday.

Yes.

Ordered tablet holder, cable and pre-order the Tripltek mount February 23 and received an email that the Tripltek mounts are ready to ship.

My tripltek pro is not 100% compliant with the dji fly app for MA2, it has a problem with not letting you set what the quick FN on the controller functions. anyone else.

Since purchasing my Mavic Air 2 I’ve looked for a better display to use when flying the drone. My iPhone 11 Pro worked OK but lacked real estate. I thought I had found a solution when I mounted my iPad Pro 11” (2018) on the controller. Unfortunately glare and the relatively dim (650 nits) display were less than effective. I invested in a Hoodman Sunshade (see first photo) but, even with the shade the display, when in full sunlight, was less than satisfactory. (Anyone looking for a new Hoodman Sunshade for an 11” iPad Pro?). Then I saw a post on the Tripltek Tablet. I purchased the 6GB “Standard Version” through Amazon (I could return it if I didn’t like it with Amazon). The Tablet arrived and I was impressed! It is housed in an impressive Military Grade case (the cases is 0.87” thick). The screen is bright, and I mean BRIGHT so no sunshade is required in full sunlight. Then I noticed the Tablet was running Android 9.0 not 8.1 per the spec sheet. I asked the company if there had been an upgrade and they said no, I had received the Pro model, thank you Amazon! I installed CPU-Z App and sure enough I have 9 Gigs of Ram and I’m running the faster processor. I loaded Android versions of DJI Fly, DJI GO4, B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, RMUS, Kittyhawk, Advisory, and Aviation Weather... They all run on the Tablet. The only “negative’ for me, running Android 9, it lacks a native screen recording capability, so I added AZ Screen Recorder App. I mounted the Tablet to the RC via a LifThor Baldur Mount. The mount positions the Tablet above the RC where it balances very well when flying (I also use a Liifthor neck strap with the mount). While flying and when doing numerous “ground tests“ with the System I have experienced zero issues or anomalies with the Tablet! The Tablet works well with the controller! Flying with this setup is nice... You have a screen you can see and read in full sunlight. The touch screen is responsive and the Tablet anti glare shield works well. I will say though, it does experience finger smudges, more so than the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector on the iPad! (BTW, the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector is hands down the BEST I’ve found for anti glare/smudge on your iPad or Tablet!). After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application. One note, I’ve seen the chatter on SIM card compatibility with the Tablet. I can’t comment, I don’t use nor plan to use a SIM card in my Tablet.
What kind of USB C to USB C cable are you using if I may ask.

Reactions: Mavic2zoomAptos
Has anyone found a good USB C to USB C cable that works with the Tripltek tablet and
mavic air 2 controller.
I plan on ordering this tablet,getting sick of using my phone after 74 flights so far with
my air 2.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

Has anyone found a good USB C to USB C cable that works with the Tripltek tablet and
mavic air 2 controller.
I plan on ordering this tablet,getting sick of using my phone after 74 flights so far with
my air 2.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

The cable I ordered from Thor's Drone world is working for me.

I ordered the tablet holder too.

The Tripltek is heavy and you'll want a good mount without putting extra stress on the antennae assembly.

Thanks for the reply,this cable looks really good.
I did not think the 90 degree angle on the cable would fit
inside of that thick case on the Tripltek.
I already have a mavmount scout ready to go to mount
the Tripltek tablet.
Love the mavic air 2.
Now all I have to do is get around to ordering the Tripltek lol.
Thanks once again for the help.

I did not think the 90 degree angle on the cable would fit
inside of that thick case on the Tripltek.

It fits at a slight angle, a lot better than the DJI stock cable, which doesn't fit at all.

With the thickness of the cable connection and the TT case, the cable feels like it snaps into place.

Perfect solution for most RPAS platforms. Couldnt recommend a better device.

The Tripltek table actually comes with a USB-C to USB-C extension cable that works with the DJI USB-C cable that comes with the Air 2.

The Tripltek table actually comes with a USB-C to USB-C extension cable that works with the DJI USB-C cable that comes with the Air 2.

Thank you so much for this post.

I dug into my Tripltek box and found the adapter.

This works much better with the stock cable other than the one I purchased from TDW.

I was caught up in a buying frenzy.

Although the TDW is a fine cable, the angled fit of the cable didn't sit well with the Tripltek or the remote.

Especially when trying to remove it. Ugh.

Thanks again WobblingWillie. ?

Reactions: WobblingWillie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569