DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek test set up.

eaglesurfing

eaglesurfing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well.... I got the new Tripltek Pro 8 tablet and will be testing out the new set up. Description are in my sig but here are some pics.

IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0439.JPGIMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0441.JPGIMG_0442.JPGIMG_0443.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good. 👍

Well.... I got the new Tripltek Pro 8 tablet and will testing out a new set up. Description are in my sig but here are some pics.
Looks great, I was thinking of ordering one but as far as I saw, it's not available yet, or at least wasn't.

Looks great, I was thinking of ordering one but as far as I saw, it's not available yet, or at least wasn't.
I think when you order it, you get on their list and when it becomes available they will let you know it is on the way.

That is the experience that we had.

Reactions: BSauce955
That's looks nice. I guess the angle for the pad is too aggressive not giving you too much room to point the antenna to the aircraft since the RC1 antenna is directional. However, I tested it and saw it works fine.

Well so far the tablet is great to use in the bright sun shine in Florida.

It was great not to attach a "sun shade" to my set up.

Never used a Lanyard before but I am glad I included it.

Reactions: MA2 317
That's looks nice. I guess the angle for the pad is too aggressive not giving you too much room to point the antenna to the aircraft since the RC1 antenna is directional. However, I tested it and saw it works fine.
Yes, I notice that there was no problem with antenna signal also.

I am thinking on testing that some more with an "Active Mode" so my back is to the drone and walking away.

This will make the antenna facing away from the drone.

Love my tripltek, using lifthor mounts to keep it away from the antenna. Works a treat.
Regards

Reactions: MA2 317
Another test mount that I think I saw on 51 Drones YouTube video.
IMG_0447.JPGIMG_0448.JPG
Less of an angle so let the testing begin......

Reactions: Gagey52
Well.... I got the new Tripltek Pro 8 tablet and will be testing out the new set up. Description are in my sig but here are some pics.

View attachment 141240 View attachment 141241 View attachment 141242View attachment 141243
View attachment 141244View attachment 141245View attachment 141246
I just got mine and love it. SIM card is an absolute must as it does not stay connected for cell phone line. Will also need a slightly longer cable than ones provided by DJI. Not a fan of additional mounts though. Instead I used the hand strap brackets and zip ties to create a great way to connect. Very secure and tablet doesn’t come off. Sits down on flat surface well. Going to buy sim today.
4972AFF2-6E0A-4801-8EFF-EE16AB0FE2B0.jpegCB9C918B-B051-4046-AF76-75BF2837A184.jpeg

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
I just got mine and love it. SIM card is an absolute must as it does not stay connected for cell phone line. Will also need a slightly longer cable than ones provided by DJI. Not a fan of additional mounts though. Instead I used the hand strap brackets and zip ties to create a great way to connect. Very secure and tablet doesn’t come off. Sits down on flat surface well. Going to buy sim today.
View attachment 141528View attachment 141529
Can you expand on what the problem is in regard to NOT having the SIM card?

Yes agree about the SIM card. It doesn’t want to stay connected to a hot spot. But still worth the expense. Regards

Yes agree about the SIM card. It doesn’t want to stay connected to a hot spot. But still worth the expense. Regards
Ahhh understand now about the lack of SIM.

How long will the Tripltek stay connected via WIFi - hotspot on phone?

Sorry I should clarify that, for some reason when I start autonomous flight programs and I have three that I use depending on the project. It would seem that the load or bandwidth required is too great and kicks me off the hotspot. Now having said that I must tell that I work in a remote area and all comms are through a satellite system. Since I put the sim in the tripltek I have had no issues.
Regards

Reactions: Etdronehome
Sorry I should clarify that, for some reason when I start autonomous flight programs and I have three that I use depending on the project. It would seem that the load or bandwidth required is too great and kicks me off the hotspot. Now having said that I must tell that I work in a remote area and all comms are through a satellite system. Since I put the sim in the tripltek I have had no issues.
Regards
Hmmmm I haven’t tethered with my IPhone much but it has always worked.

This was my plan - to connect Tripltek to my IPhone for whatever the tablet needed from the internet.

Are you sure it’s not your phone not being able to cope and dropping the connection to the tablet?

Last edited:
Will also need a slightly longer cable than ones provided by DJI.

You might look inside the Tripltek box for an extension cable. 🤔

When I purchased the Tripltek Pro 7", it came with one that I didn't know was in there until a member mentioned it here on the Forum.

I was using a three foot long cable that was a PITA when trying to fly.

Reactions: Etdronehome

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard