DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek test set up.

I am not using a SIM card, I just connect it to my phone hotspot, It only takes a minute to download the map, and then the Tripltek is not using the internet anymore during the fly

I am not using a SIM card, I just connect it to my phone hotspot, It only takes a minute to download the map, and then the Tripltek is not using the internet anymore during the fly
Procedure question.

Do you enable wifi on Tripltek, join hotspot, get your map for where you are flying. (all set to launch at this point.)

Do you then disable wifi on Tripltek?

A few reasons to disable such as:
1) eliminate any potential interference of tablet WiFi to controller signal - not likely but why chance it
2) don’t use tablet battery for non-required things - big battery in tablet so not likely an issue either.
3) tablet not connected to internet so can’t auto-update itself or communicate with anything other than the controller.

Procedure question.

Do you enable wifi on Tripltek, join hotspot, get your map for where you are flying. (all set to launch at this point.)

Do you then disable wifi on Tripltek?

A few reasons to disable such as:
1) eliminate any potential interference of tablet WiFi to controller signal - not likely but why chance it
2) don’t use tablet battery for non-required things - big battery in tablet so not likely an issue either.
3) tablet not connected to internet so can’t auto-update itself or communicate with anything other than the controller.

I was not disabling WIFI on the Tripltek after getting the maps, but It sounds like a good idea to have it disable during the fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert