DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode too fast

I have the Mavic Mini and it has the CineSmooth mode, I guess it is like the TriPod mode, I’ll find out when I get my MA2. CineSmooth is just nice and smooth and like a car’s accelerator, the more you push down on it, the faster it goes. So, if you’re worried about it going too fast, don’t floor board it. Just push the stick a little.
My MA2 has the Cinesmooth

My MA2 has the Cinesmooth
Everything has changed since the Mini 2. With the latest FW update for the MA2, Tripod mode is now CineSmooth but on the controller it says Tripod and the controller for the M2 says CineSmooth on the controller. Confusing but I can see where DJA is trying to get things in order so Tripod will now be called CineSmooth across the board.

Everything has changed since the Mini 2. With the latest FW update for the MA2, Tripod mode is now CineSmooth but on the controller it says Tripod and the controller for the M2 says CineSmooth on the controller. Confusing but I can see where DJA is trying to get things in order so Tripod will now be called CineSmooth across the board.
Yes, when I open the app to fly it askes me MA2 or MM2. and the controller does say Tripod on it.

Chatted today with DJI support.
1. "Tripod mode" switch on the Mavic Air 2 controller is actually "C mode" in the drone. She said "C" stands for "Cine" or Cinematic. The forward speed limits at 5 m/s, but there actually is no Tripod mode, regardless of what the RC switch says. The manual seems at least confused about this, making no mention of C or Cinematic.

2. My previous experience is about three years with a Mavic Pro. I feel that it is very bad for DJI to make such a radical change in behavior (5X the previous speed limit) and still use the old name of Tripod mode. Also, I prefer the more informative control interface of the Mavic Pro, rather than the somewhat dumbed-down version in the Mavic Air 2.

3. I miss the little display that the Mavic Pro controller had. Sometimes my app would disconnect, leaving me with a blank screen. The distance and altitude readouts on the controller provided enough information to get me safely home in situations where I couldn't just press RTH. That will be a problem with the MP Air.

I intend to return the Mavic Air 2 and get something else.
I guess this is a personal preference issue. I actually like that fact that tripod (Cinematic) mode is faster. Having previously owned the Mavic Air, I found its tripod mode to be too slow for my uses. In my mind DJI has fixed this by making tripod mode more useable as a means for getting more steady video footage. This can be important when maneuvering in tighter spaces or where more turns are required. I also like that I can switch modes on the fly with the flick of a switch as opposed to opening a menu. When you are flying, it is hard to do the latter without disrupting the continuity of your flow on the controls without disrupting the resultant video with some jerky motion. I guess ideally they could have addressed both needs by adding a max speed parameter for the tripod mode setting like they have for the control stick responses. In the video below, the flight under the canopy of trees was captured in cinematic (tripod) mode.

Reactions: A.O.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S