DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode

Ralph thompson

Reactions
Last year I encourage film makers and those who like make pro level videos to lobby DJI to bring back Tripod Mode and sign the Change.org lobby effort. Well we have just got news that DJI has accepted the lobby effort on Change.org and will be adding adjustable speed Cine Mode. The message reads as follows;

MISE À JOUR SUR LA PÉTITION​

SUCCESS!​

I've just heard that DJI has accepted my petition's request and will be adding an adjustable speed Cine mode via firmware.
They haven't given an exact date and they haven't said if it will be across all drones using the fly app but I will of course insist that it's important it works across every drone!
Once I get more details I will update them here.
Thanks to everyone who signed this...

That's great!!
I hope that they bring this feature to older models too, like the Mini 1 and Mavic Air 2.

Last year I encourage film makers and those who like make pro level videos to lobby DJI to bring back Tripod Mode and sign the Change.org lobby effort. Well we have just got news that DJI has accepted the lobby effort on Change.org and will be adding adjustable speed Cine Mode. The message reads as follows;

MISE À JOUR SUR LA PÉTITION​

SUCCESS!​

I've just heard that DJI has accepted my petition's request and will be adding an adjustable speed Cine mode via firmware.
They haven't given an exact date and they haven't said if it will be across all drones using the fly app but I will of course insist that it's important it works across every drone!
Once I get more details I will update them here.
Thanks to everyone who signed this...
I just made the latest firmware update / Fly app shift on my M3 and, although I may be mistaken by wishful thinking, I believe that I noticed that Cine mode is now slower. It's still quicker than Tripod on GO 4 was (I have an M2P and was flying it recently, so I'm quite certain about this), but noticeably better, I think. Can anyone else confirm ?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I have heard the same, an improvement but not as slow as tripod mode. I still use the I1P for quality stills & M2P for video & journalism.

Reactions: Garatshay
I wish this would come to the Mini 3, or at least that you could set speed values for c mode. The speed difference between C and N mode is not substantial enough, I find c still too fast sometimes

I too have adjusted my yaw settings and have got the drone to slow down considerably in Cine mode

I saw a video on YouTube that showed how to adjust the gimble so it transitions to full stop from your movements at a much slower pace. It works great. Should be an easy search for you on YouTube.

GREAT NEWS about the impending update, though! I'm certain my M3 is included in that. +1

I just made the latest firmware update / Fly app shift on my M3 and, although I may be mistaken by wishful thinking, I believe that I noticed that Cine mode is now slower. It's still quicker than Tripod on GO 4 was (I have an M2P and was flying it recently, so I'm quite certain about this), but noticeably better, I think. Can anyone else confirm ?

Which version numbers are you running now (both your M3 and the controller) and with which controller? I have been holding off on upgrading my RC Pro to 1.7.4 based on what I have read about it so far.

"Tripod Mode" refers mainly to translational movements, not rotation (panning) or tilting.

I have only a couple of hours on my Mini 3, but I still find I'm consistently moving too fast, especially with close subject matter and low altitude.

Makes sure the obstacle avoidance is set to brake not bypass. You get very twitchy movements on bypass regardless of settings or real obstacles.

Reactions: JimJ
"Tripod Mode" refers mainly to translational movements, not rotation (panning) or tilting.

I have only a couple of hours on my Mini 3, but I still find I'm consistently moving too fast, especially with close subject matter and low altitude.
So adjust the sensitivity in Advanced Gimbal Settings in the Fly app?

Reactions: AZDave

to your defense the mini 3 is very reactive. At least compared to my mini I had to get used to it

Makes sure the obstacle avoidance is set to brake not bypass. You get very twitchy movements on bypass regardless of settings or real obstacles.
I don't trust bypass, I don't feel like a drone with only forward and backwards sensors can figure out safely how to move around

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+