DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble calibrating the forward vision sensor

JFreeman

Reactions
I am fairly new to the Mavic Pro Platinum, which I purchased new about 2 months ago. No crashes at all and it has worked flawlessly until today. I went out to do some flying and testing of tap fly, course lock, etc. and as soon as I started it, I got a red warning about the forward vision system. I went ahead and attempted to enter tapfly, and it would not operate in Intelligent flight modes without the forward sensors. The sensors are perfectly clean. Then I tried the calibration several times as prompted ( moving the drone in a square in front of me as prompted ) unsuccessfully. Then I came home and attempted again in my driveway without success. Then I erased and reloaded the DJI GO 4 app and tried again....... no success. Any helpful hints out there? Much appreciated. [emoji1317]

I am fairly new to the Mavic Pro Platinum, which I purchased new about 2 months ago. No crashes at all and it has worked flawlessly until today. I went out to do some flying and testing of tap fly, course lock, etc. and as soon as I started it, I got a red warning about the forward vision system. I went ahead and attempted to enter tapfly, and it would not operate in Intelligent flight modes without the forward sensors. The sensors are perfectly clean. Then I tried the calibration several times as prompted ( moving the drone in a square in front of me as prompted ) unsuccessfully. Then I came home and attempted again in my driveway without success. Then I erased and reloaded the DJI GO 4 app and tried again....... no success. Any helpful hints out there? Much appreciated. [emoji1317]

I just noticed a few other recent complaints about vision sensor malfunctions, etc. recently here. Could it be an app or recent firmware update problem?

Reactions: Former Member
I just noticed a few other recent complaints about vision sensor malfunctions, etc. recently here. Could it be an app or recent firmware update problem?

Not really there hasn’t been a software update for the MPP in a awhile. What you’ll need to do is download Assistant 2 1.2.5 (Windows) or 1.2.4 (Mac) which is at the bottom of this page DJI Mavic Pro Platinum – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

You’ll be able to do a real calibration with Assistant 2 and see if that solves it. If not go ahead and refresh your firmware again using Assistant 2

Hi first time in the forum, looking for help.
tried vision calibrating with new assistant, after 5 times getting to 100% recalibrating and the end of calibration an error message comes up about screen size, there is no place to enter that option that I can find, and nothing about screen size at the start of the calibration, or am I missing something?
thanks

Hi first time in the forum, looking for help.
tried vision calibrating with new assistant, after 5 times getting to 100% recalibrating and the end of calibration an error message comes up about screen size, there is no place to enter that option that I can find, and nothing about screen size at the start of the calibration, or am I missing something?
thanks

Can you try a different computer?

Reactions: TonyFordGeo
Can you try a different computer?
Wekk, sfter a another futile change of screen resolutions on my win10 screen, I was not even getting the dots up, and itr wanted to know the screen size, and nothong would happen bit 'exit calibration', again!- like I said there is no options for the screen size on the menu anyway- argh!
So then copied and installed v1.2.5 on trusty tosh 18" lappy, and THANKYOU that worked.
I don'tnderstand why there was no dots on/with the desktop but there was the day I contacted you the first few times, then the extra large screen came up with the wrong screen size dialogue- ah well,
cheers and thanks again from down south, tone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu