DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with stream

Aekero

Reactions
The feed from mavic to phone has gotten extremely inconsistent over time, it's starting to cut out/lock, but the drone footage itself looks perfectly fine.

When I first bought the mavic, the stream was fine, using a Pixel, it's been more of a slow deterioration rather than a catastrophic failure... No crashes or gimbal strikes, I did turn the mavic on once with the gimbal clamp on, but not sure if this behavior lined up with that..

Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? No crazy interference, tested at multiple locations, but it's getting worse.

If it is slowly getting worse and you have not updated Go 4, it could be that your Pixel memory is getting maxed out or there is some app running in the background. If you have updated Go 4 then it is probably an incompatible or more bloated version maxing out the resources of the Pixel.

Last edited:
Reactions: conchman
Reactions: Aekero
Might be to do with Go 4. With each release it seems to be less and less optimised with more and more issues on lower power devices as a result.
Try some older versions to compare. The pixel 1 is an old device so might well be stretched by the newer, poorly optimised Go 4 code.

hmm so you think it's the phone? pixel was pretty good last year, crazy to think it's not fast enough already. I'll see if that helps, thanks. Also how do I roll back to older go 4 versions? :) Thanks again

hmm so you think it's the phone? pixel was pretty good last year, crazy to think it's not fast enough already. I'll see if that helps, thanks. Also how do I roll back to older go 4 versions? :) Thanks again

Its not the phone, its the app. Newer releases are getting more bloated and less optimised.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000