DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trump announces program to test drones beyond FAA regulations

He announced a lot of things. Almost none actually worked. So, until anything is done... yawn.

Reactions: Sevier456
He announced a lot of things. Almost none actually worked. So, until anything is done... yawn.
Yeah, expect a real battle with the FAA. The FAA will not cede dominion over American airspace without a fight. They went all the way to the Supreme Court over this and won the when municipalities challenged it.

For all their faults, I'd rather have the FAA controlling airspace than a bunch of independent agencies. Feeling safe in airplanes requires it.

{snip}...For all their faults, I'd rather have the FAA controlling airspace than a bunch of independent agencies. Feeling safe in airplanes requires it.

I concur!

And then there's this nugget from the DOT presser:

"The pilot program will evaluate a variety of operational concepts, including night operations, flights over people, flights beyond the pilot’s line of sight, package delivery, detect-and-avoid technologies, counter-UAS security operations, and the reliability and security of data links between pilot and aircraft."

Any guesses?

I concur!

And then there's this nugget from the DOT presser:

"The pilot program will evaluate a variety of operational concepts, including night operations, flights over people, flights beyond the pilot’s line of sight, package delivery, detect-and-avoid technologies, counter-UAS security operations, and the reliability and security of data links between pilot and aircraft."

Any guesses?
Any guesses about what?

IMHO, we are ALL united as a community that holds an interest in, and love of, piloting drones; specifically, the Mavic Pro. I strongly feel there is no need for, or value in, offering expressions of political partisanship. Our focus should be to elevate the community's level of piloting knowledge and to further its interests.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carb63 and pixl
Jonathan Rupprecht's drone law blog contains some more information and opinions HERE.

He goes into more detail about what "counter-UAS security operations" are HERE.

Reactions: htommy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas