DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trump shooter flew drone over venue hours before attempted assassination

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not a failure of the TFR, or RID. It was a failure of the Secret Service.

Only incompetent boobs at this point would NOT have RID and Aeroscope monitoring equipment, manned and actively monitored hours before and during the event.

A man lost his life. A presidential candidate was almost assassinated. This is not bean bag, folks.

Why are the US Secret Keystone Kops Service dicking around like this is some primary school playground game of Mission Impossible? I get to play Mr. Phelps!

This is the sort of thing I support RID for.
Total complete failure on the part of Secret Service and the local LEO as well

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'll tell you all a story that happen to me over the july 4th weekend.
I was flying my drone around the neighborhood catching some great video of people ligjting off their fireworks( fireworks are legal in my state) and then later I used the Mavic3 Aux light to light my swimming pool so we could catch a plague of frogs that invaded my pool that evening. well soon after we put the drone up over the pool one of my neighbors called the police and told them I was flying a drone 5 feet out their window.
When the police told me that I started laughing and said well that is a huge lie and I can prove it with my flight data and happily proceeded to show them all My flight data which shown my flight rout of 400 feet above the neighborhood catching fireworks videos . Needless to say the police did not have much education on drones and assumed like everyone else you fly and spy on people and drones a were a menis
The police really knew little about RID or the reasons on why we havw it. until I showed them My RID compliance cert I got from the FAA I also showed them I was a p107 pilot flying recreational that evening. I also proceeded to show them my Drone liability insurance card, and all the rest of my drone certfications I have such as night ops, and heavy lift ops and freely allowed them to view all my flight picture i took that evening. I have nothing to hide.

Once they were done with me they thanked me for being very cooperative with them and they thanked me for educating them on DJI drones . They truly believed I was flying outside someones window until i proved differently . for this reason Alone having dealing with with the police and game wardens before. I make sure all my ducks are in a row. and keep good records of my activities. We really need t protect ourselves now from the crazies. & DJI thankfully covers that for us with good flight data
People will jump to conclusions in a heart beat without facts. So know your laws and rights before you end up as a victim of uneducated Law enforcement and Do-gooder neighbors

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
The police and park officials here are great people! They just have a job to do. I am happy to be "known" by some police Dept's around here as the Drone guy and except for the rare few Bad Apples They are always nice and usually curious.
The police around here are trained about drones and other RC aircraft. These Dept's know that they can end your day if you don't have a TRUST card and they will. If you are friendly, cooperative and Do as the officials ask You will probably get to fly where you want - sometimes with them watching and asking questions. I have given a few of them a copy of the Drone laws in California. they were glad to have it.

Ban chinese drones but keep those american made AR15s rolling of the production line

Reactions: Beet and Torque
1721660817728.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjghome