DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

trying to download assistant 2

Pdunnuck

Reactions
I get this message on a Mac
“DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14 (1).pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
what to do?

“DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14 (1).pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
what to do?
Click it again after dismissing the first warning. Then you’ll get the option to “open anyway”

Reactions: dirkclod
Question to the OP: This is the second part of the installation, where it's trying to install a USB driver named HoRNDIS, am I correct?

The reason it throws a security error is that the app's developer is not known to Apple's gatekeeper system. You have to override the 'open' error to allow the installer package to run. You will also have to grant permission for the developer who signed the app, who's name I forget is Joshua Wise; the macOS 'allow' window brings it up for you.

Yes really, it's that lame... DJI really should get their act together on the mac installer for Assistant 2 for Mavic.

Another thing to check is this.

Open macOS Preferences / Security & Privacy. Click on the 'General' button.
Check along the bottom, make sure 'Allow apps downloaded from: App store and identified developers' radio button is active.
If not, click on the padlock and enter your macOS password to make changes. Allow '...and identified developers'.

If you're still having problems feel free to ask for further help, this stuff can be really frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
You should not have to change your security settings as suggested by rehkram, although that will work. Just recommend you reset the security settings after you have opened it (you will only need to do it the 1st time).

A better approach IMO is to leave the security settings alone. Instead, when opening the application for the first time, do not double click the app icon. Instead, Right-Click and select "Open" from the contextual menu. You will still get the warning, but it will let you then select the "Open" button to discard the warning and open it up anyway.

You should not have to change your security settings as suggested by rehkram, although that will work. Just recommend you reset the security settings after you have opened it (you will only need to

A better approach IMO is to leave the security settings alone. Instead, when opening the application for the first time, do not double click the app icon. Instead, Right-Click and select "Open" from the contextual menu. You will still get the warning, but it will let you then select the "Open" button to discard the warning and open it up anyway.
[/QUOTE

I can’t even get to the download! The Terminal Will not let me go any farther! Can’t get to the place where I can add the name!

Reactions: Cirdan
Not sure why you are using the Terminal. Download the .pkg file. Right Click on the .pkg file and Select "Open". You get a warning dialog about unsupported developer with 'Cancel' and 'Open' buttons. Click the 'Open' button and the Installer starts up. There is no need to use the Terminal Command line.

what to do?
It will certainly take a bit of doing. GoTo System Preferences > Security and Privacy > "Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers. Youll need to unlock it. Allow... is just above the Lock/Unlock
apeel, speaks of terminal interacting. By following the Allow... steps spoken above. The Unlock P/W is the only terminal interface needed. You can return to System Preferences and restore to Apple Crap Store Only. Why DJI cant get a kosher blessing from Apple is another fault.

Last edited:
Personally Ive found Assistant 2 to be not intuitive. Itd be informative to see the breadth of provisions enabled by this tool (aka MENU). Thus far all Ive seen are indications of firmware version updates, either SController or the Bird when or other the other is connected. Otherwise nothing but a Splash screen. Last thoughts...near useless.

Not sure why you are using the Terminal. Download the .pkg file. Right Click on the .pkg file and Select "Open". You get a warning dialog about unsupported developer with 'Cancel' and 'Open' buttons. Click the 'Open' button and the Installer starts up. There is no need to use the Terminal Command line.

the Mac is doing it....I can't get anything else
Personally Ive found Assistant 2 to be not intuitive. Itd be informative to see the breadth of provisions enabled by this tool (aka MENU). Thus far all Ive seen are indications of firmware version updates, either SController or the Bird when or other the other is connected. Otherwise nothing but a Splash screen. Last thoughts...near useless.
this is what I get!
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.09.45 AM.png

the Mac is doing it....I can't get anything else

Oh. OK. It has been awhile (I am on v2.0.8) since I installed the Assistant 2 app. What is happening I guess is that the app is trying to store a file (driver) in your Library folder and it is asking you for permission to allow it to happen. It is asking for the password that you set up to log into your Mac. If you are the only user of your Mac, you would have still had to set up a password when you first configured your Mac, even if you then configured it to auto log you in without the password each time you reboot. Do you know your password for your Mac? Is it not accepting it? Note that this is NOT the same PW that you may have set up for AppleID, iCloud, iTunes, etc (unless you re-used the same password). The PW for logging into the Mac is different than the PW for Apple-based services. If you have forgotten your Mac password, there are ways to reset it, but you will want to Google search for instructions on how to reset password on you Mac.

Oh. OK. It has been awhile (I am on v2.0.8) since I installed the Assistant 2 app. What is happening I guess is that the app is trying to store a file (driver) in your Library folder and it is asking you for permission to allow it to happen. It is asking for the password that you set up to log into your Mac. If you are the only user of your Mac, you would have still had to set up a password when you first configured your Mac, even if you then configured it to auto log you in without the password each time you reboot. Do you know your password for your Mac? Is it not accepting it? Note that this is NOT the same PW that you may have set up for AppleID, iCloud, iTunes, etc (unless you re-used the same password). The PW for logging into the Mac is different than the PW for Apple-based services. If you have forgotten your Mac password, there are ways to reset it, but you will want to Google search for instructions on how to reset password on you Mac.

I have put in the Mac PW. It can’t get to the area where it allows me to go put in the Wade name in as developer!

Reactions: Cirdan
I have had the above problem, Just close the terminal window and close the install successful window, seems to be a bug in the installation and does not effect the Assistant.

Finally had success! Thanks to all. What a crock to go through!

I have also succeeded in opening it on my Imac. Thank you for the directions from those posting here.
Question I now have is, do I need to have Assistant 2 on my Iphone as well as my Imac? Does having Assistant 2 on my Iphone have any impact or use on the management and operation of the drone? I would prefer to just have it on my Imac as it's much easier to read on a 27" screen than on the 5.7" Iphone screen and it's a relatively big app.

I do not think that the Assistant 2 can be loaded onto your iPhone. It is a Mac app only. Nor iwould it be needed on the iPhone since the DJI Go 4 app on the iPhone can do what you need.

I do not think that the Assistant 2 can be loaded onto your iPhone. It is a Mac app only. Nor iwould it be needed on the iPhone since the DJI Go 4 app on the iPhone can do what you need.
On the contrary, I currently have it on my Iphone 12. It asks to connect to my MA 2 via bluetooth. I don't have the DJI Go 4 app on the iPhone. I do have the DJI Fly app.. As previously written, I'd rather not have it on my Iphone so I presume from your reply, I can now delete it from my Iphone?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121