DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to fly in a narrow gorge.

mryeje

Reactions
During my weekly Vlog, I went to a gorge in the middle of the woods. With little to no satellite coverage I wasn't able to rely on GPS positioning. I wish there was a way to practice flying in vision mode safely.
(Mavic Air footage @ 2:20

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
You could try the aluminum foil trick. I do not know if it works on the Air, but the Pro has the GPS receiver behind the battery and if you cover that area with foil it will force it into Atti mode.

You could try the aluminum foil trick. I do not know if it works on the Air, but the Pro has the GPS receiver behind the battery and if you cover that area with foil it will force it into Atti mode.
I used to have a pro, I found it was more reliable in tight spaces anyway. I'm not sure where the GPS antenna is but I'm intrigued, ill do some research.

throw some prop guards on and go flying in the house. should be atti and replicate some tight quarters, might have to disable sensors to be able to move around, but id assume the same with a tight gorge.

throw some prop guards on and go flying in the house. should be atti and replicate some tight quarters, might have to disable sensors to be able to move around, but id assume the same with a tight gorge.
Not a bad Idea, Ill see how loud it is, maybe while everyone is out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada