DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to understand my Crash 10-10-2020

ldallara-air2

Reactions
Hello All;

I trying to investigate what happen my MA2 on 10-10-2020
a short close Flight in a park (DJI NFZ) to take a picture in a park.
It just fly away and crash into a tree.
I looked at the fly log and the only clue was Subject lost. Reselect subject (Code: 800018)
Any ideas?
Here's a Link to the flight log.
10-10-2020 flight logScreenshot_2021-05-05 Nov 10th, 2020 04 45PM General DJI Fly log 1 2 0 United States Airdata UAV.png

Last edited:
The Subject Lost message at 557.7 seconds was because you tried a Quick Shot but the subject was lost.
This is unrelated to your crash.

Immediately after that you switched back to Normal Mode and had control of the drone.
At 576.2 seconds you pulled the right stick full back and held it there for 3.6 seconds, making the drone fly backwards.
At 582.1 sec you started descending.
While descending, at 584.6 sec, the drone crashed into something and started tumbling to the ground.

Reactions: _gonzales_

Nah ... that's not what happened.

You lost the object you were tracking & the quick shot ended & turned the AC over to P-mode & left over the sticks to you, the AC remained there hovering. After that you backed the AC away over the trees manually. You then followed that up by manually descend into the trees ... where it stood and hovered quite a while probably chopping away among the branches. In one instance you tried to ascend up again but gave that attempt up ... later you killed the motors by a CSC command & it fell to the ground.

All your stick commands in below pic ...

1620242316522.png

Last edited:
This is an interesting discussion. I am new to DJI drones and flight logs. Can you help me understand where you are seeing this data from the screen shot the OP presented? If this is too complicated for a written explanation, please tell me. I will see if I can learn it on my own. Thank you in advance!

Can you help me understand where you are seeing this data from the screen shot the OP presented?
The screenshot doesn't provide the information.
It's the actual recorded flight data that does it.

I lost my MA2 two months ago over the same warning message into a lake. Actually, from the analysis of the flight log data, I had plenty of time to fly it back onshore, but I couldn't see the warning message bcz the mon was under a bright midday sun and it was hard to see; I let it hover for about 2-3 minutes and then it went down straight into the water. The motor blockage could be caused by dirt or insects that got sucked in during a flight.

I lost my MA2 two months ago over the same warning message into a lake. The motor blockage could be caused by dirt or insects that got sucked in during a flight.
There was no warning message in the OP's incident.
He simply flew his drone into a tree.
The earlier subject lost notification was unrelated and the motor blocked message indicated that he had already crashed.

Actually, from the analysis of the flight log data, I had plenty of time to fly it back onshore, but I couldn't see the warning message bcz the mon was under a bright midday sun and it was hard to see; I let it hover for about 2-3 minutes and then it went down straight into the water.
If you post your flight data in a new thread here, you might get a better understanding of what actually happened in your incident.

Reactions: bigswifty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya