DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying various SD card audio formats to get sound.

I think that either the code is half baked or they really do not want people throwing movies onto an SD card and playing them on the goggles. Some people might laugh at that latter statement but I remember when I read the story why DSLR cameras do not typically record video longer than 30 minutes and that was due to a video recorder licensing fee. I mean WTF is all this back door licensing crap about! Well maybe the goggles playing commercial movies without a provider (aka HDMI source) also violates some license. I think its more the half baked code theory, but who knows!

Rob

I think that either the code is half baked or they really do not want people throwing movies onto an SD card and playing them on the goggles. Some people might laugh at that latter statement but I remember when I read the story why DSLR cameras do not typically record video longer than 30 minutes and that was due to a video recorder licensing fee. I mean WTF is all this back door licensing crap about! Well maybe the goggles playing commercial movies without a provider (aka HDMI source) also violates some license. I think its more the half baked code theory, but who knows!

Rob
Half baking things can be nice, if done with the right object. Half baked chocolate cake, aka the lava cake, is absolutely phenomenal. Half-baked code, not so much.

Half baking things can be nice, if done with the right object. Half baked chocolate cake, aka the lava cake, is absolutely phenomenal. Half-baked code, not so much.

Yes and this case its hard to tell if this was supposed to be a Lava Cake or a fully baked cake;)
The fact that they use WAV files for the audio has got me wondering whats going on.

Rob

Reactions: Cyberpower678
i took the sd card out of my mavic and copy a mp4 video file into this folder(DCM100-100media) and insert the sd card into the goggles. Im able to play only the first 4mins of video without the audio.

Not being able to play HDCP content on the googles should be expected. It would explicitly say in the specs that the device was HDCP compliant otherwise. Not being able to play the Mavic files when copied manually, however, is a real head scratcher.

Not being able to play HDCP content on the googles should be expected. It would explicitly say in the specs that the device was HDCP compliant otherwise. Not being able to play the Mavic files when copied manually, however, is a real head scratcher.
I got around that with my old Apple TV. :D

Reactions: Pathogen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett