DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turn around time for DJI repairs?

Twistedlarch

Reactions
Hi, I recently crashed my MA2, while everything seems fine flight wise my gimble on the other hand didn't fair so well. The gimble sometimes works properly and sometimes not. The most common errors are "Gimble stuck" or "Gimble motor overloaded". I've decided to quit flying it all together until I can get it repaired, does anyone know what the average turn around time is for repairs?

Thanks
Brian

They took a little over a week with mine once they let me know what the problem was for the gimbal on my M2Pro. They are quick, just send it off tomorrow and you'll be flying before you know it.

Hi, I recently crashed my MA2, while everything seems fine flight wise my gimble on the other hand didn't fair so well. The gimble sometimes works properly and sometimes not. The most common errors are "Gimble stuck" or "Gimble motor overloaded". I've decided to quit flying it all together until I can get it repaired, does anyone know what the average turn around time is for repairs?

Thanks
Brian
If you have DJI Refresh, contact DJI first to create a case # / file. Then they will give you the instructions on where to send the drone.

DJI still uses the "Covid" excuse and may be short of people - like most companies seem to be; so I'd figure a month once they get it - as a couple others have said.

My biggest hassle was dealing with DJI via email to get a case number and get them on the same page as me. Think it was like 2-3 weeks just doing that on my crashed drone. They wanted log files / etc to see who's fault it was - whether pilot or drone malfunction - even though I told them it was pilot error in first email and no drone to send back. Just wanted to get a replacement and how much was that going to be.

I've decided to quit flying it all together until I can get it repaired, does anyone know what the average turn around time is for repairs?
I've had Good and Not So Good Service when sending my Mini 2 into the Fort Worth Service Center in Texas. This was all done with an active Care Refresh policy. The first time, I crashed my Mini 2, I emailed DJI Support and I had the return shipping label in two hours. I sent the drone out that day. Tracking says it arrived in 3-days. They notified me within 4-hours of it arriving. I was emailed that a new one was sent out the next day. I received tracking information the next day. It arrived 3-days later… so it took about 8-days, including the weekend…

Now, the "Not So Good service" the drone I received was defective and I started receiving an Error Code 30080 within a week. I again notified DJI by email and again I received instructions to return it and the prepaid shipping label. I sent it back the next day. Three or four days later I was notified that they had received it and had "sent it in for service," a few days later, I received a repair estimate with the defective items listed. The Repair cost was estimated at $78.00, but since it was under warranty, there would be no charge and I was asked if I authorized the repair.

I said, "Of Course, Repair It, Why would You Even Ask?" After a week, I followed up with an email and they replied the next day that they did not know why it was sent for repair and that I would have a new one sent out immediately. After 3-more days, I emailed them again and asked for the tracking number as I had not been notified that the new one had been shipped.

They had no tracking number and they did not know why one had not been shipped.

I immediately decided to try to negotiate a "small settlement" to make this right. I reminded them that I had been sent a defective replacement drone and they seemed to have lost my drone and its account. I also reminded them that I had lost the use of my drone for almost a month now and that was as a minimum also wasted Care Refresh time and I asked for them to make this right by adding the Fly More Accessories as a way to make it right. I knew I was shooting for the Moon, but as the old saying goes, "If you do not stretch, you will never reach…"

They apologized and said they could not do that, so I downsized my request and asked for just one new battery. That they agreed to and sent me a Coupon to the DJI Store. I got a New Mini 2 Smart battery with Free shipping…

So the Not So Good turned out to be Not So Bad…

Yeah, it was a bit of a "Goat Rope" concerning getting a replacement for the defective Replacement, but I got some "Good Cheese" from that Goat Rope in the end and (Knock on Wood), that replacement Drone has been a dream to fly since, especially now that I have three batteries…

Good Luck to you…

Reactions: Ron0909
Very nice, thanks for sharing.
It has been 10-months since I posted that and that little drone is still going strong... I've stopped "knocking on wood" as my knuckles are getting sore...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura