DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turn on sequence question

BerndM

Reactions
Hey
I have read commentary and watched numerous videos on the proper sequence in which to turn on the Mavic, controller and Go4 app. There doesn't appear to ONE definitive method.
I have been doing RC stuff since 1970 and the absolute rule has always been that the controller is turned on first and turned off last, so these variations with the MP are a bit scary to me.:(
Please help.
To keep it simple, let's start by assuming that I have my smartphone attached and plugged in to the controller. The phone is ON (in airplane mode).
The Go4 app has NOT been started.
The controller and Mavic are OFF.

Reactions: markwit
In your scenario, I will power up the controller and wait for it to say "Connecting". When it gets to that state, the DJI app usually starts on its own because I set it to always open when the controller comes on. I will then turn on the Mavic, and once it is ready, the connected will turn green, and the "Go Fly" button will be highlighted. I hit that and in I go to start.

When I power down, I do the exact opposite.

In your scenario, I will power up the controller and wait for it to say "Connecting". When it gets to that state, the DJI app usually starts on its own because I set it to always open when the controller comes on. I will then turn on the Mavic, and once it is ready, the connected will turn green, and the "Go Fly" button will be highlighted. I hit that and in I go to start.

When I power down, I do the exact opposite.

What he said :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

From my experience, it doesn't appear to make a lot of difference. Normally I open the app, turn the controller on followed by the Mavic and when they are talking to each other I connect the USB cable to my tablet with Go4 already running at which point I get the go fly turn blue and tap to connect the app.

What problems are you having?

Reactions: DustyVisor
I have though had the Mavic on and then turned the controller on without any problems. I've also had the controller on, app open at the camera screen and connected to the controller, swapped the Mavic battery and all is good too..

From my experience, it doesn't appear to make a lot of difference. Normally I open the app, turn the controller on followed by the Mavic and when they are talking to each other I connect the USB cable to my tablet with Go4 already running at which point I get the go fly turn blue and tap to connect the app.

What problems are you having?

How do you set DJI GO 4 to start automatically when you start the rc(connect)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

How do you set DJI GO 4 to start automatically when you start the rc(connect)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I don't know.. I start it manually but if I leave it on and connected to the controller when changing batteries on the Mavic it just reconnects in the camera screen when I start the Mavic up again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs