DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Two 360 Photos

Pretty pleased with how well the Air 2S does making the 360 photos. One of my other drones I would sometimes have to edit the horizon as the stitching was not perfect but this little guy so far has done a great job on the stitching.

Tree farm

Stanley
The Stanley shot is very nice, especially the cloud reflections in the river.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I often take sphere & 180 panorama shots with my MA2 and it’s often the case the horizon is an issue at some point. Putting the drone into tripod mode sometimes helps. I think the Air 2s is superior however.
I still prefer to do the stitching myself in a 3rd party program like PanoramaStudio 3 Pro but since getting the Air 2S I have just let the App do it. It is fast and produces a nice photo. I also use a program called Affinity Photo. It allows you to mount the photo in a sphere to edit things you might not want in the photo. Like the Stanley photo my truck was in the photo when looking straight down. I decided to edit it out in Affinity Photo.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing! I've tried a few 360 photos but looking at them on my PC they don't look anything like what yours look like. I see that they need to be edited to look the way yours do.

I still prefer to do the stitching myself in a 3rd party program like PanoramaStudio 3 Pro but since getting the Air 2S I have just let the App do it. It is fast and produces a nice photo. I also use a program called Affinity Photo. It allows you to mount the photo in a sphere to edit things you might not want in the photo. Like the Stanley photo my truck was in the photo when looking straight down. I decided to edit it out in Affinity Photo.
I just spent about 10 minutes trying to find your truck till I read this post ?

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks for sharing! I've tried a few 360 photos but looking at them on my PC they don't look anything like what yours look like. I see that they need to be edited to look the w
rawman001, do you have software setup on your computer for displaying 360-degree panoramas? Typical photo viewing software doesn't do the job. Agustine is using an online service - 360 Virtual Tours made easy. Create. Edit. Share => Kuula. Another good one is Marzipano - a 360° viewer for the modern web. Both are free.

Addition: Marzipano allows you to view your photos on their website, and also provides all the files necessary if you want to put the images and the viewer on your own website. One thing I like about Marzipano is the ability to post more than one file; it automatically creates a menu to allow the user to select the file they want to see.

Last edited:
rawman001, do you have software setup on your computer for displaying 360-degree panoramas? Typical photo viewing software doesn't do the job. Agustine is using an online service - 360 Virtual Tours made easy. Create. Edit. Share => Kuula. Another good one is Marzipano - a 360° viewer for the modern web. Both are free.

Addition: Marzipano allows you to view your photos on their website, and also provides all the files necessary if you want to put the images and the viewer on your own website. One thing I like about Marzipano is the ability to post more than one file; it automatically creates a menu to allow the user to select the file they want to see.
No, this was the first 360 shot I ever took. I think it looked different in the app but once I downloaded it, it was a mess. I never looked at it again until I saw this thread which reminded me. Thanks for the info! I'll check out those.

I see you're in the MS Gulf Coast. I'm temporarily near Pearl River, LA. Every time I get the chance to fly there's a lightning storm right overhead! Plus my poor Air2S has so many bug strikes it isn't funny anymore. I'm hoping to get some shots of New Orleans, near the Superdome before I leave for California.

I see you're in the MS Gulf Coast. I'm temporarily near Pearl River, LA. Every time I get the chance to fly there's a lightning storm right overhead! Plus my poor Air2S has so many bug strikes it isn't funny anymore. I'm hoping to get some shots of New Orleans, near the Superdome before I leave for California.
Yes, in Ocean Springs. New Orleans has some interesting things to shoot. Have you been down to the park along the river adjacent to the zoo? Locals call it The Fly. There's a bend in the river just upstream and the ship traffic is fascinating. That old iron lift bridge on Highway 90 at the west branch of the Pearl River might be fun, too.

The LIGO gravitational wave observatory near Livingston, Louisiana is something I've wanted to check on. I noticed it on a sectional chart when I was prepping for the Part 107 exam. There are two raised tunnels about 2.5 miles long. There's some big science going on there. The sectional doesn't show any flight restrictions, but it would probably be a good idea to check at the visitor center.

I've been getting out early in the morning before the thunderboomers light off, doing 360 panoramas of the harbor and bay here. The clouds are always different. As for bugs, staying high seems to avoid the problem. Most insects don't get higher than treetop level.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka