DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two Controller Problem

MavicKent

Reactions
Looking for some advice, we have been using two controllers for our Mavic 2 Zoom since we got it. Since the new firmware update it appears that we are no longer able to connect a primary and a secondary controller. When I try to add a second controller, it will remove the already linked one. I've contacted technical support, who haven't been exactly helpful. Has anyone else encountered this problem or found a solution?

Reactions: Chris4koi
When attempting to link the secondary did you select the secondary option via the app? By default it sets the linking controller as the primary.

Reactions: Chris4koi
When attempting to link the secondary did you select the secondary option via the app? By default it sets the linking controller as the primary.
Yes, I selected the secondary, even if it links the secondary it still unlinks the primary.

Oh well that's me stumped then, sorry.
Are the menus available on the newly linked controller those of a primary or those of a secondary?

Oh well that's me stumped then, sorry.
Are the menus available on the newly linked controller those of the primary or those of the secondary?
No worries, thanks for your help anyway. I'm not entirely sure what I'd be looking for to be able to tell, but certainly it says that it's the secondary, even though there is then no primary linked.

master / primary vs slave / secondary on Android phones

Attachments

• 20210727_173447 slave.jpg
    20210727_173447 slave.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210727_173313 master.jpg
    20210727_173313 master.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 11
master / primary vs slave / secondary
Yes , so they look much like your photos (with the exception that we have smart controllers) however it just refuses to connect the secondary controller and if I relink (as a secondary) it will refuse to connect to the primary

Great!
By the way, if one controller is an RC1A and the other is an RC1B set the RC1A as the primary.
The secondary does not create logs on 'its' phone and an RC1B does not create a DAT log at all, even if it is a primary.

Ahhhh I see that is not relevant

Reactions: CallmeDash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada