DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two devices, one controller?

iker42

Reactions
So not having my Mavic yet, I cannot confirm that this is even physically possible, but.

Could one connect a phone via the built in cable, then connect a separate device via the USB port? Would the DJI app allow this, would the controller allow this?

Would be an alternative to DJI's lack of camera pilot support.

Anyone with their Mavic already want to test this for me?

Mike

That's not possible. The remote controller can only output one video source at a time.

That's not possible. The remote controller can only output one video source at a time.

well shoot.

Thinking, the USB port does allow you to have someone control the camera VIA device screen while you pilot and keep an eye on flight metrics via the controller screen while monitoring the video output and drone positioning in the sky...

well shoot.

Thinking, the USB port does allow you to have someone control the camera VIA device screen while you pilot and keep an eye on flight metrics via the controller screen while monitoring the video output and drone positioning in the sky...
Impossible, both from a USB protocol perspective and the fact the gimbal is not 360 degree capable. It simply tilts and moves around a 'deadzone' centre point on the pan axis of about ±5 degrees so trying to do a two man operation would be pretty pointless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost