DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two of my Mavic Air 2's "Bricked" (completely unresponsive suddenly). Help!! firmware mismatch?? Fixes?

dickwizard

Reactions
I own 5 mavic air 2's and two mavic mini's and have had noting but good experiences until this new firmware update. Since the update Ive had two of my drones completely died directly after powering on and are totally unresponsive (its not the double pressing of the battery), and another on of my air 2's vanish during a routine flight with 70 % at a reasonable distance just 7 minutes in. while flying over a wide river my drone said it had connection issues and shortly after lost connection. I thought nothing of this because I fly often and know the failsafe flyhome mode works wonders but this time it never reconnected or returned.... simply vanished into the river i presume. I looked at the flight data and it appears that the drone was flying at 12 meters the second before the data stopped and made a dive to -9 meters the next second; then it stopped collecting data. correct me if im wrong, but for a drone to be able to drop altitude like it says, than it would have to have propulsion; in other words it does not follow Newton's law of gravitational pull,(also if that reading were to be true than it would be 6 meters underwater and there are a whole other set of issues with that.
I might also add that ive been in contact with DJI and after reviewing the flight data, have gone as far to say that they rule it as "unknown" cause of missing drone and because it wasn't their fault within a reasonable doubt, they will not replace it. The offered me a 30 percent discount, but recanted to 50 percent after i kicked off and reminded them i spent half a year of an average americans salary on their products and my business relies on their equipment as it stands, I have exactly 0 flyable drones to work with. ive included the last seconds of the one drone that disappeared; let me know what you think or if you have any ideas on getting my bricked drones working; or if you know how to bypass the system in place that prevents me from exchanging one of my working cameras with a broken one. Help if you have the time, energy, or knowhow; it would be appreciated more than you'd know.
Most cordially and entirely sincere. -Kaiger

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
You need to post the actual log files here if you want to have the best chance of discovering the issue.

You need to post the actual log files here if you want to have the best chance of discovering the issue.
How exactly do I download the flight log data in it's entirety? Its a 6 minute flight and I would be more than happy to share it, I just am at a standstill because I cant seem to find a way i can download it off the DJI flight app. That particular flight was the first of the day and I wasn't using a third party app; which makes it easy to share the data file of any flight. Perhaps this question is seen as ignorant; but there are times you must forgo your ego and pride in the constant pursuit of knowledge... sow and ye shall reap . Thanks -Kaiger

How exactly do I download the flight log data in it's entirety? Its a 6 minute flight and I would be more than happy to share it, I just am at a standstill because I cant seem to find a way i can download it off the DJI flight app. That particular flight was the first of the day and I wasn't using a third party app; which makes it easy to share the data file of any flight. Perhaps this question is seen as ignorant; but there are times you must forgo your ego and pride in the constant pursuit of knowledge... sow and ye shall reap . Thanks -Kaiger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61